This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
October 12, 2018 at 5:50 am #2810852

davideG-11

I can't add my license website because currently it points to another website.
I've edited hosts table to build the new website but your license interface probably cannot accept a website that is not online; I waited for several minutes but it didn't accept my license

October 12, 2018 at 11:11 am #2811724

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
Welcome to WPML Support
I'll do my best to solve this issue.

Right now i'm missing the information required for me to give you a detailed answer, however i can assure you can create site keys for sites that are not online and assign them to you newly created installation.

Having said that i can recommend one solution that might suit your purpose:

if you migrated your site from one place to another, your WPML will still have the key for the original site.

The first step here would be to deregister it, then go to WPML.org and register a new key, this time with the new domain you want (make sure to use the URL you'll find in your migrated/new site's Setting > General >Site Address).

This link will provide you with the help you need in order to achieve the above mentioned: https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#what-do-i-need-to-do-when-the-sites-url-changes

If this solution doesn't solve your problem then It would really help if you provided us with your site's debug info (found in WPML > Support > Debug Information) so we can take a closer look at your situation and give you a more detailed solution.

Let us know how it goes.