This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 9.16 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robertop-5 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 27, 2018 at 1:14 pm

robertop-5

I'm using ARK Theme with its Fresh builder and created 2 footer (ita+eng).
In the Home Page i changed the footer for eng version, but in all other pages it doesn't accept the footer in eng versione and remain with ITA footer.

Please could you help me to fix it?

thank you very much
best regards

August 28, 2018 at 1:33 am #2680160

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

I'm not aware of how your theme works. I noticed that by clicking on the Ark > Footers menu, I find the footer layout you're mentioning (it has English and Italian).

However, I'm not sure where you use these footers. What is the options page that you can, select which footer to display on the front-end?

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Thank you.

August 28, 2018 at 6:51 am #2680944

robertop-5

Hi,
i made a video screen for explain better the situation:
hidden link

At the end the only way to change the footer is DISABLE WPML plugin..

Let me know
thank you

best regards

August 28, 2018 at 12:47 pm #2682258

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Many thanks for the screencast. It helped me see what you're talking about.

In the metabox settings "Multilingual Content Setup", I noticed that the "ff-layout-settings" option was selected to copy the default language setting. For this reason, it was not possible to change the footer of the page.

I just selected the option to make the options translatable (Translate). I'll attach an image for you to see.

After following these steps, you can choose the footer as well as the other settings of the page options. Please, could you check if this is working properly?

Thank you.

August 29, 2018 at 7:16 am #2685207

robertop-5

Hi,
thank you very much!! the translation agency told me to change all value in "campi personalizzati" and select "copy" instead "traduci"...

The correct configuration is "traduci" for all or not?

thank you very much

best regards