Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
April 23, 2019 at 11:39 am #3663097

tamasU-2

I am trying to:
Here I read: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/ - Original Language of Strings
The page's default language is hungarian. I'd like to modify the langiage of strings to hungarian (presently is english at all strings.).
I tried it based on the description, but it doesn't let me.
The list shows the languages in bold letters on the page, but does not allow selection. Do nothing.

I also experienced the same under "Languages of domain". I choose the language in vain, not doing anything by clicking on it.

Site under development.
hidden link

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

April 23, 2019 at 12:02 pm #3663661

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

1. Diagnostic
1.1 Can you try doing this with all of your non-WPML plugins deactivated and your theme temporarily changed to Twenty Nineteen (for example)?

2. Clarification
2.1 Do you have the English language activated?
IF not, can you please activate it and see if you are then able to change the string language?

3. Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

April 25, 2019 at 10:29 am #3681149
tamasU-2

Thanks for the help.
Partially resolved. A plugin caused the error. Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) by BestWebSoft.
What is currently a problem:
Some widgets’s text and theme’s text and subtext.
Register and translate those strings. The translate is correctly, and selected the „Translation is complete”.
But does not work on the page. Translation is not working.

New threads created by Yvette and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-some-widgetss-text-and-themes-text-and-subtext-are-not-translating/

April 25, 2019 at 11:03 am #3681595

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

Glad to hear that the original issue is resolved. I am now splitting out the translation issues to a new thread since it is not related to the topic of changing language of selected strings.

We will continue any work there.

For now, we can close this original ticket as resolved.