This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nxl1107 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 18, 2019 at 10:53 am #4042939

nxl1107

Hello

I publish a product of WooCommerce and i duplicate languages(attachment image1).
But it can't copy "product gallery images" exclude Canada.

Please login my Website and check the setting.
I can provide login information.

Regards

June 18, 2019 at 11:34 am #4043393

nxl1107

I changed languages order.
It can copy product gallery images only second language(only Traditional Chinese).

Regards

June 18, 2019 at 11:03 pm #4046755

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Please avoid duplicating product translations. Product duplicates will be overwritten once the original product receives an update. You will need to set those product to "translate independetly" to avoid this.

More information about duplicates and independent translations you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

Did you enable the WPML TranslatioN Editor? I woudl advise you to use this method in order to maintain the compatiblity for layout and structure of between all products.
The WPML Translation Editor can be enabled at WPML -> Settings -> How to translate posts and pages.

There are two different editors available:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

Also there is another setting at WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Settings. Here you can set how to translate products. I would adivse you to use the the WPML Translation Editor setting. In case you will need to make any manual edits on a product you can set this setting to "Native Woocommerce Editor" which will provide the usual product editor interface, but take note that any product details are plocked by WCML. These shall always be edite in default language in order to avoid issues between the translations.

In case you wish to use the same product in original language on all languages go to WPML -> Settings -> Post type translation -> Products and set this post type to "translatable - fallback to default language".

This way the original product will be visible on all languages, in case it has not been translated.

Translations on WooCommerce when using WPML should always be iniciated by using WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multingual -> Products.

Now, please go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status and verify here the status of your store translations. Any missing translations are displayed here. Further, the right bottom corner provides the option for "Troubleshooting".

Click it an run all available options in order to synchronize all products, taxonomies, images and stock details.

Let me know if you need any futher assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 19, 2019 at 3:53 am #4047789

nxl1107

Thank you very much for your answer. I have checked what you said here but I am having a problem so let me explain a little more details.
I enabled the WPML's Translation Editor. Translation in duplicated pages are fine.
But here on the translated web page, when I choose different language, everything is fine except "product gallery". Somehow the duplicate translated page does not copy product gallery pictures.

June 19, 2019 at 1:48 pm #4051885

nxl1107

Hello.

Sorry to bother you again!

Can you solve this problem?
I need to add products of WooCommerce as soon as possible.
Please let me know how to fix this problem.

Regrads.

June 19, 2019 at 3:39 pm #4052891

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

If you take a look into the right sidebar on the product editor and you check the language options, did you mark there the checkbox for duplicating media?
See screenshot.

If so I would like to take a look at the site for further debugging.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

June 19, 2019 at 5:52 pm #4053723

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have marked both checkboxes, as the one for the featured image was not marked.

Then I updated the product and the images are showing up.

Can you confirm that it is working as expected now?

Kind regards
Andreas

June 20, 2019 at 1:00 am #4055483

nxl1107

Hello.

Thank you for message.
No i can not do that yet...

I made test product page name is 'test item' and please check attachment files(1〜5.png).

Regards

June 20, 2019 at 4:20 pm #4061483

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Sorry, but when logging into your site i do not see any test product.

As far I see there is one product translated and the images for their gallery are showing up on front end and back end. See screenshots attached.

I then created a private test product myself and there was not any issue.
hidden link

Could you please clarify the issue further?

Kind regards
Andreas

June 21, 2019 at 1:53 am #4063739

nxl1107

Hello

I did it!
Thank you so much!

June 21, 2019 at 1:53 am #4063741

nxl1107

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!