This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 28, 2019 at 7:47 pm #3909869

delphineF

I am trying to: create a user in the users tab in wp-admin

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: the user creation page

I expected to see: successful user creation.

Instead, I got: WordPress claims the user was created correctly but the table (in the UI) and the backend never get updated. The user is actually never inserted.

May 28, 2019 at 10:02 pm #3910423

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Also, please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you.

May 29, 2019 at 3:42 pm #3917047

delphineF

Hi,

I won't be able to do what you're saying on the live site for obvious reasons so I will test on a staging site.

I've added my debug info.

Thanks,
Delphine.

May 29, 2019 at 11:40 pm #3919037

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. After testing the steps above in your testing environment, please let me know if the problem still persists.

Thank you.

May 31, 2019 at 5:40 pm #3932485

delphineF

Hi Bruno,

I have not had the time to replicate the issue in my staging environment yet but I hit another snag today. I was unable to log into the backend server (wp-admin/). My username / password was correct but it kept redirecting me to the login page as if the session was not established. I then tried an invalid password and got the message the password or username was wrong (thus validating the fact my username/password in the first instance was right).

I logged in using a different account and that worked. So I went to the backend and inspected my user_meta table and saw that the user who could not log in had the following entry:

INSERT INTO `wp_usermeta` (`umeta_id`, `user_id`, `meta_key`, `meta_value`) VALUES
(0, 1, '_wpml_user_dismissed_notices', 'a:0:{}');

I removed it and was able to log in again... So, somehow, this got inserted into my DB and prevented me from logging in.

I have another user who cannot login but for whom there is no such entry in the meta table. This is a mystery to me... Any thoughts?

Thanks

May 31, 2019 at 11:57 pm #3933653

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

This is weird. This record is basically to hide some message that WPML has been displayed. That is, this record is only for saving messages that the user may have hidden.

That is, this should not impact your users' website access or display an incorrect login message.

This SQL clause, however, would be to insert a user, that is, not to check a user. I'm not sure why this would be inserted the moment you are trying to log in.

In order for us to see what is happening, we should have to have access to the site so we can check if this is being caused by some other plugin. Or some bug or some incompatibility problem with WPML.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] I can't create a user in wp_users table anymore bc of sitepress-multilingual-cms’ is closed to new replies.