This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I can't see anymore the classic WordPress interface when translating my content

Solution: You activated the Translation Editor. You need to disable it switching off the switcher on any WordPress post or page

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-disable-wpml-editor/#post-4119175

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nuriG 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 4, 2019 at 9:10 am #4694301

nuriG

I began with the plugin by making duplicate of entire pages in new language.

Now for unknown reason, the plugin shows another type of translation. But I'm not able to make real duplicate of the entire page and then translate myself inside the page.

I did switch back to classic editor but still can't get the duplicated page.
Please help

October 4, 2019 at 9:26 am #4694459

nuriG

I need urgent help please.

All my translations are being removed from duplicated page and sent to this 2 columns translations. I DONT want that!

I already hit to go back to classic editor but it doesn't let me reach duplicated page to translate myself. help please!!

October 4, 2019 at 9:30 am #4694481

nuriG

[removed]

October 4, 2019 at 10:56 am #4694991

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I removed the credentials from your previous post because they were exposed in the public forum. Please do not add sensitive information without us opening a private reply. As further precautions, I'd suggest editing them.

From what you write, it seems you have enabled the WPML editor. To disable it, please follow instruction from here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-disable-wpml-editor/#post-4119175

Please notice that all not 100% completed translation will continue appearing in the WPML editor even if you disabled it, until they are not completed. After that, you can edit them manually.

October 5, 2019 at 12:30 pm #4700363

nuriG

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!