This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: when editing a product page in the secondary language, you get a 2 column page instead of the classic WordPress edit page

Solution: the 2 page column is our Translation Editor, which is the default solution when you install WPML and what we suggest to use. To use manual translation, change the settings in WPML -> Settings -> How to translate posts and pages -> Translate your content manually

Relevant Documentation:https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/translation-tools-available-with-wpml/ https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#how-to-translate-different-kinds-of-content

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ugoL-3 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 8, 2018 at 3:07 pm #2796549

ugoL-3

I am trying to: editing a product in my second language through "Edit Product" page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the similar "Edit Product" page in my second language (En)

Instead, I got: hidden link

October 9, 2018 at 2:31 pm #2800496

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

the page you see in the second screenshot attached is the Translation Editor page. When it's enabled, this is the page you visualize if you want to translate or edit the page. So this is WPML normal behavior and not a bug.

If you want, you can translate your content manually changing the settings in WPML -> Settings -> How to translate posts and pages
However, we don't suggest this option if you are using a Template Builder as it in your case, because it can become more complicated this way (for example, if you have blocks in the page they don't appear in manual translation).

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

October 9, 2018 at 3:40 pm #2800854

ugoL-3

Hi Laura,
Which setting exactly? (I do want to translate manually)
Thanks!

October 9, 2018 at 3:41 pm #2800881

ugoL-3

Trovato! Grazie mille 🙂

October 9, 2018 at 3:42 pm #2800883

ugoL-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!