This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by robinW-7 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
February 13, 2019 at 5:42 am #3192139

robinW-7

I've added a translated page “Descargas”, but I can't edit it at the background.
Go and check it in this recording please: hidden link

I've reached the wp support, they told me it might be caused by the WPML plugin, "We have seen this happening when the content is not in all languages, as your site can only find one of the languages", that's what they told me.
Could you please check this for me?

Best regards.

February 13, 2019 at 1:01 pm #3194057

Beda
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Italian (Italiano )

I cannot see precisely what is the issue on the video you shared as it cuts off when it gets interesting, this is when you press the link which would lead to edit the post.

I assume, there must be a JS error in the console, that avoids the action to be executed when you press the link.
Can you open the browser console and repeat the steps, to see if any error is there?

Then, we need to know if that error still persists with just WPML (updated) and a native WordPress theme such as Theme Twenty Nineteen
This could be tested on a staging site.

If a plugin causes the conflict you will see once deactivating and reactivating them, which one is the culprit.

Please share that plugin with us as well.

Maybe you already found it as you mention "WP Support". Eventually, you mean specific plugin support by this?
Can you share a thread or similar for us to read?

February 14, 2019 at 7:36 am #3197852

robinW-7

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
The WP support means WordPress online supporter,it's not a plugin. And the issue is when I click the edit link, it can't lead to the edit page, that's what I showed in the video.

Anyway, this issue is gone now since I deactivated then reavtivated the WPML plugin. It's weired.

By the way, could you please tell me how to modify the variants in the translated products page. I've modified the variations of some variable products, but the modification didn't synchronous to the translated products, is there anyway to synchronous the variantions automatically or manually?

Here's the url of a modified variable product:
hidden link

And here's the translation of this product:
hidden link

The variantions of these 2 links are different now, could you please check tell me how to change the variantions in the translation?

Looking forward to your reply, best regards.

February 14, 2019 at 8:25 am #3198145

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Please go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Settings > at the bottom of the page you will find a link "Troubleshooting page"

There check the first two checkboxes (Update products count, Sync products variations) and "Start". Please back up your site before.

Let me know if this helps, please.

February 15, 2019 at 1:09 am #3202234

robinW-7

Hi,

Thank you for your help. I've tried your suggestion, but it only synchronised part of the products, the variant names are still in difference of the following product:
Original:
hidden link
Translation:
hidden link

I have to changed the 1/2" into 0.5 pulgada, because the '/',' " ' chars caused a menu issue in my site. Is there anyway to edit the variant name manually?

Best regards.

February 15, 2019 at 3:53 am #3202686

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Please use the steps as mentioned here to translate the variable names: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#translating-product-variations

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

February 15, 2019 at 6:37 am #3202892

robinW-7

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!