Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 week, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 29, 2020 at 1:18 pm #6700373

Maximilien HAIBI

Hello,
i tried to contact via chat support 3 times but closed in few seconds even i notify i am doing requested change,

I am trying to do hidden link expand but not work

I followed,
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cant-expand-woocommerce-product-variations-2/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cant-expand-woocommerce-product-variations/

but could not resolved issue

Also i tried with disable all plugins and set storefront theme and Troubleshooting from WooCommerce Multilingual but issue not resolved

please help me to figureout this issue

July 29, 2020 at 11:39 pm #6703611

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support service. As you have already done the initial troubleshooting steps such as plugins deactivation, I would need to proceed with a detailed investigation in your website, for that, please consider:

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

August 4, 2020 at 12:01 am #6729473

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, take a look at my previous private reply and let me know when the migration process is done. Thanks.

August 4, 2020 at 8:29 am #6731661

Maximilien HAIBI

Hello Marcos

I have followed mention steps to clone site to your test server. Also get an email "Your site has completed its migration to Cloudways. "

August 4, 2020 at 7:52 pm #6736829

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. I tried a detailed investigation and troubleshooting with the migrated copy but definitely the variations and attributes are not working as it should, maybe a particular issue in your database is preventing things of working properly.

I consulted our second level support for a detailed guidance on how to proceed in your case, I will update you here as soon as some more details are available. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding, have a nice day.

August 5, 2020 at 3:22 am #6737937

Maximilien HAIBI

Thanks Marcos,
I am stand by,
Thanks

August 7, 2020 at 12:44 pm #6756729

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while wait for a solution. I need to perform some tests with the beta version of our plugins in your staging website, however your upload size limit for your host seems to be limited to 2MB, I tried to increase it in order to upload the plugins but it doesn't seem to be possible, also your provide stagin FTP details don't seem to be working properly. I would kindly ask you to provide us with the following:

1 - Ask your host to increase the upload limit size to something around 25MB so we can upload plugins using the WordPress Dashboard.

2 - Review your staging FTP details and provide us with the working ones, please, test before sending or if is there any other different port than the default one please mention it.

The next reply is marked as private. Thank you for your collaboration and understanding, have a nice day.

August 7, 2020 at 12:57 pm #6756759

Maximilien HAIBI

I have increase post max size to 64MB

I checked ftp,
its working fine
hidden link

August 10, 2020 at 12:04 pm #6769059

Maximilien HAIBI

Hello Marcos

I hope you are doing well,
May i know updates on this strange issue,
My customer disappointed as there are also other issues in variations (like more variations in second language then default, stock display as 0 even i see it in database etc )

but priority now is expand issue.

Thanks

August 10, 2020 at 1:16 pm #6769687

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and sorry for the waiting here. I performed the tests below to a test product and it seems to fix the issue:

Note: Before proceeding with the steps below to your production/live website, please, make sure you have a backup copy in order to avoid any potential issue.

1 - I created a test product in the default language (french) 'Test Product FR' and noticed although I created five variations, only three of them were being displayed when WPML Multilingual CMS was activated which clearly indicated an issue related to the one you reported, so I proceed as following:

2 - I updated all the WPML related plugins to their most recent versions (beta versions), here is the list of plugins I updated in your staging website:

• WooCommerce Multilingual
  • WPML Media
  • WPML Multilingual CMS
  • WPML String Translation
  • WPML Translation Management

You can download the most recent versions of the plugins above in the downloads section of your wpml.org account.

3 - Then, I deactivated the 'WPML Multilingual CMS' and deleted all the variations from the test product.

4 - I activated the 'WPML Multilingual CMS' and recreated all the variations again. You can confirm the results at: hidden link

Note: I've made a copy using this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-page/ of the problematic product you reported before, as I deleted the original one during my troubleshooting process, after the plugins updated and the troubleshoot steps it also worked properly as you can confirm at: hidden link

Please, let me know if it works for you, have a nice day.

August 12, 2020 at 5:18 pm #6788015

Maximilien HAIBI

Hello marcos
Thanks for your detail explaination, I see its working fine on staging

Now how i can implement on live?
I can't delete and recreate all products variations on live

I have checked on live by update all wpml plugins, but issue not resolve

let me know steps to fixed it on live

thanks

August 13, 2020 at 1:34 pm #6795513

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Do you see this issue in many products in your live website? If it just happens for one specific plugin you can try this approach:

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

1 - Temporary disable any cache related plugin.

2 - Go to your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support click the 'Troubleshooting' link and clear the WPML cache as well.

3 - Then, using this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-page/ make a copy of the problematic product and implement the suggested changes desribed in my previous reply.

4 - If it works, delete the problematic product and rename the working product slug to match the deleted one, make sure the translations are copied properly as well.

Please, let me know if it is a viable option for you, if not, and if it happens for many plugins, then I will forward this ticket to our second level support for a more detailed investigation and suggestion on how to apply the changes for your production/live website.

Have a nice day.

August 13, 2020 at 2:12 pm #6795831

Maximilien HAIBI

Hello Marcos

Thanks for your reply,

I see there are many product where this issue.
Currently i seen this issue in ordered product. I am afraid about once I apply above solution and user make order on that product, this issue arrived again.
I found this issue for working normal product, when its purchased specially other laguage product, this issue happen.

--
if i delete problematic product , does it affect user's dahsboard order history ? order items ?

i fill above solutions will be risky

is there any other way?

August 14, 2020 at 12:24 am #6798909

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I will consult our second level support team for a more viable and safe option, I agree you could have issues with the order history for example as the copy product will be a different record in your database with could lead to incosistency in the report and order informations. I will update you here as soon as I have these details on how to proceed. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding, have a nice day.

August 17, 2020 at 2:48 pm #6816257

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while waited for a reply. This issue needs to be escalated to our second level support team for a detailed investigation and a viable workaround for you. For the escalation process we need a duplicator package of your website, as the issue in your staging website is not reproduced as I applied the mentioned workarounds, we'll need a duplicator package of your current live/production website, so, our team can reproduce the issue and provide a specific workaround for your particular case, for that, please consider:

To best troubleshoot the issue, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to try and duplicate the error so that I can run further tests without interrupting your live site.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.
Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.I will also need the username and password of an account that was created BEFORE creating the duplicator package.I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

Thank you for your collaboration. Have a nice day.