This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
April 30, 2019 at 9:22 am #3710005

mathieuD-19

Hello,

After many research I can't find a way to translate the footer I created with Elementor that is stored in My Library in the monstroid2 child theme.

I've seen that it's because we use the child theme but I cant find out to solve the problem.

April 30, 2019 at 10:43 am #3710391

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

To take a closer look on this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

April 30, 2019 at 7:54 pm #3714693

mathieuD-19

And you have the permission to de activate plugins and theme, I just did a backup.

May 2, 2019 at 10:18 am #3723715

Noman
Supporter

I was off yesterday due to Labor day. I will reply you today asap.

Thanks

May 2, 2019 at 2:16 pm #3725551

mathieuD-19

Hello, you are working right now on the website right ?

May 2, 2019 at 2:21 pm #3725567

Noman
Supporter

Yes right, I am working on it at moment.

May 2, 2019 at 3:47 pm #3726363

Noman
Supporter

I have debugged the issue and this looks to be a compatibility issue with JetThemeCore plugin + Elementor + WPML. Problem is with the global condition settings show footer on "Entire site". This option is not getting translation specifics for each language and just shows same footer (post) on all pages of site regardless of languages.

1. Can you please send me link to the JetThemeCore plugin from where you get it?

2. Also I think you can create same Footer using Elementor built-in options rather than JetThemeCore plugin, as a workaround it should work fine I believe.

Apart from that I will create a detail report of this and escalate to our 2nd tier support for further review. Thanks

May 3, 2019 at 8:05 am #3731985

mathieuD-19

We can create a footer for each page if its better !
We got the jet theme core plugin from the theme monstroid2 it was included.
Sure, whatever work the best, how do we switch from jetthemecore plugin to elementor ?

May 5, 2019 at 12:26 pm #3742723

Noman
Supporter

Sorry for delay I ran into my weekend (Friday, Saturday). I think you can go to WP Dashboard >> Templates >> Theme Builder >> Footer >> and create a footer from there.

Now to display it on the Pages depends on your theme so the theme support can better tell you how to add footer other than using JetCore plugin, I am sure they have another option to display footer, so please kindly ask theme support about it. I am afraid that I am not much familiar with Monstroid theme.

Thanks

May 5, 2019 at 3:06 pm #3743197

Noman
Supporter

I have escalated this issue to our 2nd tier support for further review and we will get back to you with an update.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

May 9, 2019 at 7:30 pm #3779093

Noman
Supporter

Hello,

Our 2nd tier has asked that we will need to reproduce the issue on a clean installation. Please provide below:

1. Can you please check and confirm that you are using updated version of Monstroid2 theme?

2. Please send us latest version of the theme (original zip file).

Next reply will be private. Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] I can't find how to translate my Monstroid2 child theme footer’ is closed to new replies.