If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
October 9, 2018 at 12:22 pm #2799906

hadiN

I am trying to: translate my site footer to Arabic via string translation. but i can't seem to do that.

What i've done so far :
1- scanning theme and child theme looking for strings.
2- i can see the string in the " admin screens » ", but i i am not been able to add it to string translation.
3- Also I've tried to add i manually via custom XML configuration.

code
<wpml-config>
<admin-texts>
<key name="footer_copyright"/>
<key name="[theme_mods_induscity-child]footer_copyright "/>
</admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

But it still wouldn't appear in string translation and i keeping getting this notice no matter what i do/(See attachment) . Can you help me with this please.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

October 10, 2018 at 4:07 am #2802913

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Could you please try to use the following configuration code and let me know if this helps:

<wpml-config>
	<admin-texts>
		<key name="theme_mods_induscity-child">
			<key name="footer_copyright"/>
		</key>
	</admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

If the solution doesn't work, I would need to check your login details for further help, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues needs some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

October 10, 2018 at 9:25 am #2803629

hadiN

Thank you very much, footer problem has been resolved.
But i need further help please, portfolio header and breadcrumb in Arabic (translated page) is suppose to be in Arabic inheriting from the page title of translated page.
But they appear in english like the default language.
You can visit projects and single project page to see what i mean
hidden link

Thanks in advance ..

October 10, 2018 at 11:27 am #2803971

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi there,

Glad to hear that it now works. As the original issue is resolved may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your additional question?

This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum.

Thanks