We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jasonJ-6 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 9, 2019 at 2:14 pm #3776939

jasonJ-6

I am trying to: download WPML

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Just log into my account from your admin dashboard or something and try download

I expected to see: download ok

Instead, I got: a “download” html that says "Error: you are not allowed to download this file"

This is rxxxxx

May 9, 2019 at 2:38 pm #3777255

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I logged into my personal account and tried to download WPML (the main plugin for example) and it worked with no issues.

You would have to click on the "Download" button.

If it doesn't work, can you please try from an incognito browser window or from another browser?

Please let me know how it goes and if you still need help!

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 9, 2019 at 2:55 pm #3777445

jasonJ-6

Hi Mihai,

Thanks. I tried three different browsers and all of them let me download the error html file.

Thank you,
Jason

May 9, 2019 at 4:25 pm #3778059

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the update.

This may happen with an Internet service provider cache.

Can you please try both options below:

1. with a different internet provider - like sharing your mobile's phone internet with your laptop/pc
2. or by using a VPN service

Please let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai

May 9, 2019 at 5:11 pm #3778295

jasonJ-6

Yes I tried using my phone to download with 4G. Please help check my identity in database, I suppose there is something wrong.

May 10, 2019 at 10:01 am #3783033

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I got in touch with our colleagues from the systems team and they reviewed your account.

They asked if you can try once again now and let me know if it still doesn't work or if it works now.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mihai

May 11, 2019 at 1:31 pm #3790571

jasonJ-6

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!