Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
February 1, 2018 at 2:16 pm #1504147

giorgioA-4

Tell us what you are trying to do? translate and localize

Is there any documentation that you are following? no

Is there a similar example that we can see? no

What is the link to your site? filozoikes.gr

February 2, 2018 at 12:24 pm #1505270

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue.

When you are translating some content, are any error messages displayed? How are you trying to translate the content of your site?

Please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Thank you.

February 2, 2018 at 1:31 pm #1505372

giorgioA-4

Hi, in a few words...not all texts are available for translation in the string. The author told me that is beacuse WPML is not supported.

Please also notice that a colleauge of your has already looked into the matter.

Thank you

February 2, 2018 at 3:03 pm #1505516

giorgioA-4

find screenshot. page link hidden link

screencapture-filozoikes-gr-listing-filozwikh-omada-boloy-bolos-thessalia-1517583481791.jpg
February 2, 2018 at 10:20 pm #1505934

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you for the explanation.

From what I've noticed, these titles look like they're widgets, correct? If so, you can translate them by creating multiple widgets, one for each language, and set the language in which these widgets will be displayed.

You can see step by step in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/displaying-different-widgets-for-different-languages/

That is, depending on how the widget was made, you should add a widget for each language and just set in which languages should appear.

After following these steps, please let me know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

February 5, 2018 at 9:50 pm #1507817

giorgioA-4

Hi, this is an option i will try. how about the tabs titles?

February 5, 2018 at 11:20 pm #1507879

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you. Are these tabs made as a widget too? If so, you can follow the same steps. If not, how are these tabs made?

Do you select the categories that are going to be displayed on these tabs? Have you translated the category label into WPML > Translation Taxonomies?

Thank you.

February 5, 2018 at 11:27 pm #1507887

giorgioA-4

Hi, the tabs are custom fields. no categorie or taxonomie. involved

February 6, 2018 at 12:19 pm #1508469

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you. To be able to see how this can be translated, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

February 6, 2018 at 9:06 pm #1509193

Bruno

Thank you. I accessed your site and viewed a few pages but I could not find the tabs you showed in this post. What link should I access to see these tabs?

Thank you.

February 6, 2018 at 9:36 pm #1509216

giorgioA-4

Can we make a screensharing session?

February 7, 2018 at 9:52 pm #1510662

Bruno

We can make a video call, but for this, we need more information.

For example, we need to know what issues are reported so we can verify this during the video. You can also make a screencast recording what you are reporting. That way I can see.

Ideally, a step by step where the problems are. I see that some strings, for example, are not being translated. I do not see the problem reporting in this thread, however, of the translation of the tabs. What is the link where these tabs are displayed?

Thank you.

February 7, 2018 at 10:26 pm #1510686

giorgioA-4

hidden link

February 8, 2018 at 3:01 pm #1511657

Bruno

Thank you. I fixed some of the problems you reported.

Fixed:
- Location string translates (homepage and search page)
- More Listings By (you can search and translate this string that is not yet translated)

Other strings:
- Date: these strings are using the native PHP date function. That way, this function is returning the default server configuration, which is probably in English.

For these strings, you will need to change your site code to make them translatable or change the settings on your server.

- Tabs: this seems to be a compatibility issue. Even adding the tabs for translation, this is not being displayed.

To ensure that this theme is made compatible with WPML we need to contact the theme author and work with him on resolving the issue.

I have forwarded the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author. Our Compatibility Team will work with the author of the plugin for this to work properly.

Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

Thank you.

February 8, 2018 at 3:20 pm #1511721

giorgioA-4

hi, thank you for that. i will check the problems and get back to you. I also need you to check another site using the same theme.

The topic ‘[Closed] i cant properly translate content and localize theme’ is closed to new replies.