Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 17, 2019 at 6:39 pm #3836545

Steve

Hi there,

I am trying to save a fusion builder container in my secondary language but when I refresh the page it doesn't appear. I only get the "There are no custom containers in your library". I really need to be able to create and use global containers so I would like help recovering this option (it worked just fine on all my older Avada websites).

The primary language works fine.

I seem to see that I am not the only one with this problem. Will it be fixed soon ?

Thank you for your help.

May 18, 2019 at 2:53 pm #3839093

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I think your issue is similar to this one: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/saved-container-dont-show/ since you are saying others are affected.

If this is the case, I see this should be fixed in the next WPML version, but I don't know when it will be released.

If it's not, could you tell me which are the tickets you are referring to?

May 21, 2019 at 1:23 pm #3855491

Steve

Hello Laura,

Yes it is the same problem but there there is no real reply as to how this can be fixed on my end. My client needs his website done soon and I cannot finish it without this being resolved.

I really need to know, at least approximately, when it will be corrected. Will it be in a month or a couple of days ?

Is there something I can do to make it operational ?

Thank you for your help.

May 21, 2019 at 2:31 pm #3856165

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

unfortunately, we don't have an estimated time of arrival yet, so I can't give you one.

In our development ticket, I see the issue happens when "element_category" is set to translatable, but even if you change it, you need to clean up the database
I see we have a workaround but it's not confirmed so please do not test it in a production site, and do a full backup before attempting at it.
- go to WPML -> Settings -> Taxonomy Translation and set "element_category" to untranslatable
- add this code in a .php file to your WordPress root installation

<?php
require "wp-config.php";

$wpdb->get_results(
	"DELETE FROM {$wpdb->prefix}icl_translations where element_type = 'tax_element_category'"
);

fusion_builder_register_layouts();

$languages = apply_filters( 'wpml_active_languages', false );
foreach ( $languages as $lang ) {
	do_action( 'wpml_switch_language', $lang['code'] );
	$terms = get_terms( array( 'taxonomy' => 'element_category', 'hide_empty' => false ) );
	foreach ( $terms as $term ) {
		if ( $term->slug != $term->name ) {
			wp_delete_term( $term->term_id, 'element_category' );
		}
	}
}

$posts = $wpdb->get_results(
	"select ID, post_title, post_type, t.term_id, taxonomy, t.name from $wpdb->posts 
	left join $wpdb->term_relationships tr on object_id = ID 
	left join $wpdb->term_taxonomy tt on tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id
	left join $wpdb->terms t on t.term_id = tt.term_id
	where post_type = 'fusion_element'
	"
);

?>
<table>
	<?php foreach ( $posts as $post ) : ?>
		<?php if ( empty( $done_header ) ) :?>
			<tr>
			<?php foreach ( $post as $header => $value ) : ?>
				<th><?php echo $header ?></th>
			<?php endforeach; $done_header = true ?>
			</tr>
		<?php endif ?>
		<tr>
			<?php foreach ( $post as $field ) : ?>
				<td>
					<?php echo $field ?>
				</td>
			<?php endforeach ?>
		</tr>
	<?php endforeach ?>
</table>

- open the file in the browser. It should clean up any leftovers and show you a list of the currently existing fusion builder elements and their connection to element_category. All the columns should have a value, if one of the columns has nulls it means something went wrong.

Let me know how it goes if you encounter errors we might try to take a database dump and see if it's possible to fix it.

The topic ‘[Closed] I can't save a container in the secondary language of my Avada site’ is closed to new replies.