This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to add a language switcher to the header widget area but it does not display.

Solution: The issue was caused by the theme. None of the widgets added to the header area were displaying.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rezaK-6 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 10, 2019 at 4:09 pm

rezaK-6

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I cant see any language switcher on mobile menu please check the attached screenshots, as we can switch to different language in desktop menu

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

September 10, 2019 at 4:39 pm
September 10, 2019 at 4:41 pm #4547503

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

After a little debugging, it seems that the issue is coming from your theme. I tested this by adding a standard text widget into the Appearance -> Widgets -> Topbar on Mobile and none of the content added there is displaying on the mobile site. I would suggest asking the theme author to check and see why the mobile topbar is not displaying. Then, if you are able to display a standard text widget there but WPML is still not showing, then I will be happy to further troubleshoot.

September 16, 2019 at 1:55 pm #4581029

rezaK-6

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!