This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
October 7, 2018 at 4:59 pm #2794041

aleixF

Hello,

I am trying to show my menu language Switcher in the mobile. At the moment, only you just see the min lenguage (catalán) but i'd like too show the arrow like in laptop screen.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see the same that you can see in the big screens.

Instead, I got a picture that you can see the main lenguage in the mobile menu without the arrow that its mean that you can choose the others lenguages.

Thanks,

Aleix.

October 9, 2018 at 2:19 am #2797813

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

This looks like a compatibility issue with your theme. Looking at the browser console, I can see that the language selector is added correctly even on the mobile table, but the theme does not show the drop-down. This should probably happen with other menu items if they have the drop-down menu.

Have you tried using the drop-down menu in another menu item to see if it will work correctly?

To be able to verify this, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

October 10, 2018 at 1:45 am #2802441

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you. By the tests I did, this is actually some configuration of your theme (or bug on your theme), but it is not related to WPML.

Just as a test I moved the menu item "Sobre mi" to "Projectes". That way, I noticed that this menu also does not generate the drop-down. That is, the problem should happen even with WPML disabled.

You should contact the author of your theme and ask why the drop-down menu is not being generated. This could be a bug or some incorrect setting of your theme.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.