This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
September 5, 2019 at 2:03 am #4514503

nikolaosE

I am trying to: put english and greek flag in top menu

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: two flags

Instead, I got: only english flag. I see the greek flag when im editing pages but not on menu

September 5, 2019 at 2:48 am #4514867

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. To display other flag on frontend please make sure the content you are viewing on the front-end must be translated. You can translate one page yourself to see if the language switcher appears correctly and display translated language flags:
https://wpml.org/documentation/beginners-guide-to-site-translation/

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

September 8, 2019 at 11:03 pm #4532613

nikolaosE

Hi again. thanks for the help. But now i cant see any of the flags.

September 9, 2019 at 10:07 am #4535821

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, my name is Alejandro,

Since Noman is currently not available, I will replace him here in the forum.

I hope this is OK with you.

May i know what have you done so far?

As Noman said, if the post/page is not correctly and 100% translated, the language flag for those translations will not show on the language switcher, because the langauge switcher is "independent" of the pages.

Let me give you an example.

Imagine you have your homepage translated in Spanish, English and Greek.
if you try to access the homepage, it will have a language switcher showing Spanish, English and Greek

If you then create a new page and you only have it in the default language (which will be Spanish in this example). if you access it on the front-end it will only show the spanish language flag.

if you then translate it into Greek, it will now show Spanish and Greek.

So, after having understood this example, please send me the link of the page where you can't see the other languages and send me the link of the original language and the translated language so i can inspect it and try to figure out what's going on.

And last but not least please, Let's meet WPML's minimum requirements:

Please add the following code in your wp-config.php file, right after the database information lines of code:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT','128M');

Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] i cant see the second flag in top menu’ is closed to new replies.