This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Orhan Erkut 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 14, 2018 at 9:58 am #2115083

Orhan Erkut

Hello WPML,

I am trying to translate the page hidden link

We're using WPBakery plugin on the website. We're using translation editor. I tried to find content from string translation but couldn't find it. I tried to change a small part of that page's content and updated the page to look if there would appear new fields to translate. A circular arrow appears, but there are no new fields to translate in the translation editor.

What is wrong with it?

And I also can't find the "SEARCH" term on the hidden link

I need your help and thank you in advance!

Orhan

May 14, 2018 at 5:55 pm #2125532

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

It appears as if the pagebuilder shortcodes are not registered/recognised with the Tranlsation Editor.

This is ususally done via a wpml-config.xml file or, if it is one of the more popular builders, via a remote XML connection to our servers where we host the relevant wpml-config.xml file.

I would need more information about your setup.

.1. Technical Information on you environment
Could you please provide information about your environment by following thsese steps: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2, Relevant Documentation
While you have WPBakery installed, the actual shortcodes are custom ones that your theme has created and so, they are not existing on our servers and need to be registered.

If you are inclined to do so, here is the documenation on how to register your pagebuilder shortcodes.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-integration-with-page-builders-that-use-shortcodes/

3. Assistance
If you prefer, I can assist you with this but you will ned to provide system access.

Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) . The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

4. Additional plugins
Install and activate the following plugin
ARI Adminer

Thanks

May 15, 2018 at 8:22 pm #2146966

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

1. Contact Form content
I added the following XML tags to the tab:
WPML -> Translation Management -> Custom XML Configuration

<wpml-config>
    <shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>td_contact_form</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>contact_form_title</attribute>
                <attribute>contact_form_description</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>contact-form-7</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>title</attribute>
                <attribute>id</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
    </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

This allowed the contact form texts to appear. Is this what you were expecting? (see images)

2. Search Form
You needed to translate the correct "Search" text which is in the domain "trade". See image.

I hope this resolves your issues.

May 17, 2018 at 8:58 pm #2182993

Orhan Erkut

Thank you Yvette!

It is solved. However, there is something more. At the same page's left side, I can't find the word of "Address" and "Phone"; how can I find it all?

May 18, 2018 at 9:21 am #2188644

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Unfortunately, this is because the texts are not localized in the plugin code:
function trade_contact_info_sc ( ) in file vc-shortcode.php of plugin TradeVC Extension (see image)

You need to contact the theme/plugin author to correct this. After they have done this, you can scan the plugin again here:
WPML -> Theme and plugin localization -> Scan Plugins

This will then pickup the new localized strings.

The author need to follow the WordPress codex here:
https://codex.wordpress.org/I18n_for_WordPress_Developers

For any further questions, please open a new thread in the forum. We try to limit the topics covered per thread to only one so we can help other clients and facilitate escaslation if required.

Thanks

May 18, 2018 at 9:38 am #2188664

Orhan Erkut

Thank you! 🙂