This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
June 20, 2019 at 10:02 am

ralphd-4

I am trying to: Translate a page, but I get the error: The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The translate page

Instead, I got: "The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions."

This was the url where I saw it: hidden link.

My host says this is the cause of the error:

"I'd recommend contacting the plugin developer for further assistance on the case, you can also provide them with the error:

[host restoranto.com] Backend fatal error: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to TranslationManagement::send_jobs() must be an instance of WPML_TM_Translation_Batch, array given, called in /home/restoran/domains/restoranto.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/class-wpml-translation-job-factory.php on line 91 and defined in /home/restoran/domains/restoranto.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php:1121\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/restoran/domains/restoranto.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/class-wpml-translation-job-factory.php(91): TranslationManagement->send_jobs(Array)\n#1 /home/restoran/domains/restoranto.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/class-wpml-translation-job-factory.php(55): WPML_Translation_Job_Factory->create_local_job('14387', 'en', NULL)\n#2 /home/restoran/domains/restoranto.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/menu/transl in /home/restoran/domains/restoranto.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php on line 1121\n, referer: hidden link"

June 20, 2019 at 10:05 am #4058673

ralphd-4

Alongside, I'm getting this message on my homescreen of the wordpress backend:

WPML Update is Incomplete
You are running updated sitepress-multilingual-cms and wpml-cms-nav, but the following components are not updated:

wpml-sticky-links
wpml-string-translation
wpml-translation-management
Your site will not work as it should in this configuration Please update all components which you are using. For WPML components you can receive updates from your WPML.org account or automatically, after you register WPML.

This is strange, because I did update all my wordpress plugins as you can see (if you log into my account)

June 20, 2019 at 1:16 pm #4060141

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue.

It seems you are using an older version of WPML 4.2.1, Please update WPML and its add-on plugins to the latest version 4.2.7.1, Make sure to secure a backup of your site before you proceed to update.

Please let me know if the issue still persists after the complete update.

PS: I am unable to login to your site with the provided details.

Kind regards
Raja

June 20, 2019 at 2:43 pm #4060763

ralphd-4

You are right. How do I update the plugins? It's not the same method as it was before, is it?

The way I tried it right now, it shows ' failed' . See screenshot.

June 21, 2019 at 11:39 am #4066747

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Seems you have an issue with the installer,
Please try to manually update the plugin,
- As a safety measure secure a backup of your site before you proceed
- Delete WPML plugin from plugin list this won't cause any data loss.
- Download the fresh copy of WPML plugin from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
- Upload the plugin to your site => Plugins > Add new
- Once WPML latest version is installed and activated,
you can now go to Plugins > Add New > Commercial Tab to update the remaining plugins

I hope this helps you better, Let me know if you need further assistance

Kind regards
Raja