This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
June 6, 2019 at 9:14 pm #3972103

artemisf

I am trying to: use filter with a plugin, but I can only tranlate the attributes items, so the filter titles are showing only in English, for example the filter product type: it is in English, although the products types can be translated, but not the title product type

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:tipo de Filtrar por precio, tipo de producto, tallas....

Instead, I got:Filter by pricem product type, sizes....

June 7, 2019 at 6:03 am #3974125

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could you please share your Debug information with me? You can read the detailed explanation about it here.

http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support

The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

To translate the plugin strings, Please try the following steps:

-go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization. Be sure that 'Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files)' is selected.
-under Strings in the plugins section, select your filter plugin.
-click 'Scan selected plugins for strings'
-go to WPML > String Translation
-find and translate the string. check 'translation is complete' . click 'save'

If you still can't find the string, It could be that these strings are stored in the admin texts.

Please go to WPML > String Translation and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »". Then, scroll through that page and see if you find the the string. If so, tick the checkbox and click Apply to add it to the String Translation table. Now you can go back to WPML > String Translation and you should see the string added there.

Please check our documentation about this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Does it help? Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 7, 2019 at 8:41 am #3974843

artemisf

I have followed your instruction, but the issue is still there

June 7, 2019 at 10:58 am #3975601

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your update.

I would like to request temporary access (/wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be set to private.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 10, 2019 at 2:59 am #3984795

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

I noticed that these string are widget titles. To translate these widget titles, please try the following steps:

-go to WPML > String Translation
-search for the widget title (e.g. 'Colour'). Set the text domain option to 'Widgets' and click 'Search'
-translate the strings completely and save.
-do the same steps for other strings on the product filter sidebar.

I have attached some images for your reference.

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis