If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
January 31, 2019 at 4:51 pm #3148932

valentinG-5

I am trying to: Translate Stripe payment fields

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Translated text

Instead, I got: Default English text

February 1, 2019 at 8:23 am #3150706

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could please share a screenshot of the strings that you wish to translate?

Meawhile, could you please try the following steps and see if it resolves the issue. Please backup your site completely before proceeding.

-remove your translation for those string in WPML > String Translation. Uncheck 'translation is complete' and click 'save'

-Go to WPML>>Support page
-Click on Troubleshooting link (link in the middle of the page)
-In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of 'Clean up' section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
-Recreate ST DB cache tables

-go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization
-under Strings in the plugins section, select 'WooCommerce Stripe Gateway'
-click Scan selected plugins for strings

-go to WPML > String Translation
-find the strings and translate.

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

February 1, 2019 at 12:05 pm #3151498

valentinG-5

Hi,

I did find the string but when I apply my translation it does not work on the front end.

Here attached the screenshot of the text not being translated (it's in the Stripe fields).

Any idea why?

February 4, 2019 at 7:02 am #3156434

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Can I request a temporary access to your site? I want to take a better look at the issue. I will enable the access information box for this thread and set your next reply as private.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

February 5, 2019 at 3:59 am #3160304

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I can't login to your site using the provided credentials. Could you please check the access details?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

February 6, 2019 at 6:52 am #3164343

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the access details.

However, it seems that wpmluser has no admin privileges as I don't have access to plugins and other admin options on the admin panel.

Also, on WPML menu, I can only access Media Translation option. Could you please check and grant wpmluser admin privileges?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

February 6, 2019 at 8:39 am #3164481

valentinG-5

Hi,

Not a problem, I have just changed to Admin access. You can check now.

Thanks.

February 7, 2019 at 4:59 am #3168593

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for granting admin privileges.

After taking a closer look at your site, it looks like Stripe gateway plugin is dropping this credit card form via an iframe when Inline Credit Card Form is activated.

Please refer to attached image.

If so, then the strings in this plugin are loaded with an iframe from Stripe and cannot be translated.

As a workaround, you could try to deactivate Inline Credit Card Form from WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > Stripe

Kind regards,
Dennis