Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to translate registration form URL from Espresso Event plugin.

Solution:
You need go to \wp-content\plugins\event-espresso-core-reg\core\EE_Config.core.php line number 1810
and replace the below code:

public function reg_page_url() {
        if ( ! $this->reg_page_url ) {
            $this->reg_page_url = add_query_arg(
                array( 'uts' => time() ),
                get_permalink( $this->reg_page_id )
            ) . '#checkout';
        }
        return $this->reg_page_url;
    }

with

public function reg_page_url() {
        if ( ! $this->reg_page_url ) {
            $this->reg_page_url = add_query_arg(
                array( 'uts' => time() ),
                get_permalink(  apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', $this->reg_page_id, 'page', true ) )
            ) . '#checkout';
        }
        return $this->reg_page_url;
    }

NOTE: We are working to to make this plugin compatible with WPML. Meanwhile you can use the above workaround. If you have any other issue please open a new ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.01 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 35 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by Sumit 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
November 22, 2016 at 4:01 pm #1141833

danielA-29

Hello Sumit,
I changed the code in the file EE_Config.core.php and I did a test but nothing seems to be changed. The header is still in french event if I choose the english language. See my printscreen below. Maybe i didn't do it right. You can adjust it yourself if you want. thanks again.

2016-11-22_10-59-42.png
2016-11-22_10-50-46.png
November 23, 2016 at 10:38 am #1142391

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

I checked the changes. You've made correct changes but seems some caching issue. To make a test, I made some changes in same file but none of them is reflecting on front-end.
Can you please try clearing cache or some server side caching ? I cleared cache from dashboard but it is not working. I suspect there is some server side caching.
Can you please confirm with hosting support?
Because I've tested again on local. The same site copy is working fine with these changes on local.

Thanks

November 23, 2016 at 8:07 pm #1142971

danielA-29

Hello Sumit,
Thanks for all your effort. We cleaned the Server Cache... but still the same problem... The hosting people told me to use WP SUPER CACHE and clear my cache on my browser... still no working.... what do you think ? Do you need the credential of my hosting access ? cPanel?

November 24, 2016 at 6:59 am #1143144

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

I checked the file again and changes was not there. I added them again and checked again it seems to me working now.
There was some caching from server may be they turned it off. Can you please check again ?

Thanks

November 24, 2016 at 1:59 pm #1143604

danielA-29

WOW ! WOW ! WOW ! Folks! You did it !! Congratulations! I know that you've been working super hard on this. You guys are PRO!

Thanks a lots for sharing your expertise. Event espresso claims that they are not compatible with WPML... but we believed in your product and work hard to prove them that it's feasable.

Thanks again

November 25, 2016 at 8:44 am #1144039

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your wonderful words 🙂 It will be great if you can ask them to contact us and join our Go-Global program https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/
Thus we can work together and fix this issue for all our customers and you also don't need to worry about updates from Event espresso plugin.

Thanks