This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 5, 2018 at 3:28 pm

celineK-5

I am trying to: Translate my single post template, but this is not possible. It is only showing the Dutch translate of my sidebar and newsletter sign up form, but not the English. Also, if I try to go to try to translate the template in Elementor, the screen just turns white.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: A dutch and English translation.

Instead, I got: Only a Dutch translation and a white screen.

October 8, 2018 at 6:49 pm #2797111

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please install the WPML -> Translation Management plugin. Then, you can go to WPML -> Translation Management and you should be able to duplicate the templates from there. Once the templates are dupilcated, please try to edit a page in the secondary language. Are you able to see the page in the Elementor page builder now?

Please also enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

1. Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

2. Browse to the page with the issue and/or reproduce the issue.

3. Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

4. Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

The topic ‘[Closed] I can't translate the single post template of my elementor theme.’ is closed to new replies.