Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
November 7, 2019 at 2:42 pm #4906991

aymanb-4

i cant translate Words in the website interface
i cant find all words in String translation
please help me

November 7, 2019 at 5:10 pm #4908719

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

The way to translate those strings really depends on how they have been implemented in the code.

1. Can you please let me know if you tried to go to WPML > String Translation and search for any of the words in those sentences?

Here is some very helpful documentation on how to use the String Translation plugin:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

If it's not there, it could help if you scan the plugin/theme that's generating the strings and then go back to WPML > String Translation and see if the strings show up:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

2. If you can't find it inside the WPML > String Translation, it might be added as admin text.

This should be the normal process to translate admin texts:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

3. This link might help, too, in case you added any strings directly in the code:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/translating-the-theme-you-created/

If you still can't find it, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

November 8, 2019 at 12:53 am #4910525

aymanb-4

i cant see all the words in my site
for example Website interface , when i Write in String translation i cant find it
please help me
if you need control panel username and password , i can send to you

November 8, 2019 at 6:29 pm #4916091

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the information.

You are right, sometimes there are content parts that are not in WPML > String Translations, but instead, in WPML > String Translation > Translate text in admin screens.

1. It would help me a lot if you can tell me the exact words that you want to translate (if you have any links with the pages where those words are or any screenshots, that would help a lot).

2. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

PS: Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

November 9, 2019 at 4:55 pm #4918731

aymanb-4

Example
This page is open from Arabic
But the interface you see is not translated

If you need access to wp panel
i can send for you

Untitled-1.jpg
November 10, 2019 at 11:49 pm #4921703

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Sorry for the delay in response but I don't work on weekends.

Yes, I can see the issue that you are dealing with - I enabled the private fields 2 times now so that you can share the wp credentials but it seems that maybe you are not seeing them?

Can you please visit my last reply here from another browser?

I'm enabling the private fields below.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 11, 2019 at 4:32 pm #4926617

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

In order to be able to translate those strings that come with your theme, you need to go to WPML > String Translation > Translate text in admin screens (hidden link) > click on the "myhome_panel_fields" text and you will see a lot of numbers opening below. Then click one number (for example [10]), check the box of the string that you want to translate and scroll to the very bottom of the page and save.

Now, you should see the strings in WPML > String Translation.

If the strings don't appear there after you do this, that means that you need to increase the maxinputvars value.

For this, please try to set this variables in your php.ini:

max_input_vars = 51000;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 51000;
suhosin.request.max_vars = 51000;

You may need to contact your hosting provider to set them.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

Now please try to re-check the checkbox for the admin strings (from WPML > String Translation > Translate text in admin screens) and apply/save - see if they now show up in WPML > String Translation (I think they should appear at the very top of the list).

I will be waiting for your response. Let me know if now you were able to translate the strings.

PS: Here is also more documentation about that process:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

Screenshot 2019-11-11 at 18.29.29.png
November 12, 2019 at 12:16 pm #4931593

aymanb-4

i do it but nothing different
please if you need my cpanel
i can send for you username and password
and please help me

November 12, 2019 at 4:47 pm #4933619

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your confirmation.

I am not sure what you mean "i do it but nothing different".

Do you mean that you selected the checkbox and saved the page inside WPML > String Translation > Translate texts in admin screens, but the strings are still not showing inside WPML > String Translation?

The max input vars can be increased only by the person who owns the server, that is why I said that you need to get in contact with the hosting company for that (cPanel access doesn't help).

Please let me know what do you mean.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 12, 2019 at 4:50 pm #4933629

aymanb-4

yes exactly i do it
and you have my wp panel access
you can login and see everything

November 13, 2019 at 4:47 pm #4941479

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

It seems that the maxinputvars have not been increased yet (they are still 1000).

1. Please contact the hosting company where you are paying for your hosting and ask them to set these variables in your php.ini:

max_input_vars = 51000;

Please make sure that the max input vars were increased successfully by going to WPML >> Support page.

2. After you can see that the values have been increased, please go to WPML > String Translation > Translate texts in admin screens and follow the example ("Offer type") that I gave you in the screenshots below (find the right strings and check the boxes and after that save the page).

Please let me know how that goes - that should solve the issue.

Kind regards,
Mihai

Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 18.42.41.png
Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 18.41.54.png
November 15, 2019 at 6:46 pm #4956217

aymanb-4

i do it that
max_input_vars = 51000;

But so far some words remain
An example in the search form

November 15, 2019 at 11:22 pm #4957143

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Can you please let me know what are the words that you are referring to? If you could also attach a screenshot or some exact steps to reproduce the same thing that you are talking about, that would help me a lot.

Please let me know.

PS: Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 17, 2019 at 2:22 am #4959653

aymanb-4

All the words you see in the picture I can't find and translate
Sometimes I find the same word and I translate it
But do not be affiliated with this section

Untitled-1.jpg
November 18, 2019 at 4:03 pm #4966731

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the extended information.

I will spend more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback.

I will leave the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai