Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
November 19, 2019 at 1:29 am #4968199

aymanb-4

You can see this site : hidden link
It works 100% without any problems with translation
And without facing any of the problems we faced with : hidden link

Without even doing anything of the things we've done in hidden link

November 19, 2019 at 8:42 pm #4975725

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

I understand.

I will try to see what is happening and as soon as I have any new info, I will definitely get back to you.

Thank you for your patience throughout the process.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 19, 2019 at 8:45 pm #4975733

aymanb-4

I have this problem for more than 10 days
Please solve it quickly
Thank you

November 21, 2019 at 11:05 am #4987203

aymanb-4

hi
The problem is not yet addressed
It will bring me damage with the customer
The ticket has exceeded 25 days
And all the requests you have requested from us have been implemented
The problem has not yet been resolved
Please do not be too late

November 21, 2019 at 1:54 pm #4988735

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Your patience has been amazing so I thank you very much for allowing me to take the time to understand and find what is happening.

Through the many many steps and things I have checked, I got at one point to the MyHome theme documentation here: hidden link

When I got to this section (4. Property Field translation), I realized in the screenshot that the domain they were targeting was "myhome-core" and we had no records whatsoever of that in our site.

So I finally figured out that the issue was that the "MyHome Core" plugin was not scanned. All I had to do was to go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization > check the box next to the "MyHome Core" plugin and scan.

You will see in the screenshots how many results I got after I searched for it.

Now, if you go to WPML > String Translation and you search for "Offer type" for example, you will see that the right string is showing, under the right domain ("myhome-core") so you can translate that and it should work now.

Please let me know how that goes and if this solved your issue.

Kind regards,
Mihai

Screenshot 2019-11-21 at 15.48.52.png
Screenshot 2019-11-21 at 15.43.55.png
Screenshot 2019-11-21 at 15.44.28.png
Screenshot 2019-11-21 at 15.48.05.png
Screenshot 2019-11-21 at 15.43.36.png
November 22, 2019 at 4:28 am #4994047

aymanb-4

Hi
Some words have been translated
But the titles in the Search Forum have not been translated

Untitled-1.jpg
November 22, 2019 at 4:22 pm #5000341

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

I see.

Unfortunately, even after spending some more time on your site, I am not able to find what's going wrong and my guess is that the way the theme is coded conflicts with WPML probably in some areas.

Also, from what I can see, the theme that you are using is not part of the official WPML-compatible theme directory here (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility) which makes me think even more that there might be some compatibility issues happening somewhere in the code.

There are 2 options that we can go with moving forward, but no matter which one we choose, I'd suggest you contact the plugin authors and recommend them to join our 'Go Global' program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/) where our Compatibility developers will help them make their plugin 100% compatible with WPML for free.

Now, the 2 options are:

1. This is the fastest option where I would recommend that you get in touch with the support department where you can get in touch with the theme developers and see if they have a quick solution for this

2. The second option is for you to recreate the issues on a clean setup environment on our servers that I can set up for you, where you would have to recreate the issue by using just the theme and the theme plugins + WPML plugins. If you are able to do that, I can forward the issue to our developers in the compatibility department so that they can also take a deeper look at the issue - however, this might take longer than the first option.

Please let me know which one would fit you better so that I know how we proceed with this ticket.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 23, 2019 at 3:25 am #5002565

aymanb-4

I have used this template twice
I did not face such a problem
You can see it:
hidden link
2- hidden link
I do not suffer from these problems at all

Only in the current site I can not translate everything

November 23, 2019 at 3:49 pm #5004609

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Yes, I totally understand that you never encountered such a thing until now - there must be some difference in the code somewhere, maybe due to different plugins/theme versions.

We would need to decide on an option so that we can continue with the investigation and find out a solution.

What would be the best option for you from the ones mentioned above?

Please let me know.

PS: Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 25, 2019 at 8:58 am #5009171

aymanb-4

Same additions and versions used in hidden link - hidden link - hidden link

And there are no differences
I can not delete anything on the site because it will cause problems with the customer

I hope the solution and comparison between the three sites because they are the same template and the same tools and the same server and the same everything

November 25, 2019 at 9:22 pm #5017167

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I am trusting you 100% that the issue is not happening on the other sites.

However, I need your help to reproduce this issue on a sandbox so that we can confirm the issue and be able to send it to the developers from our Compatibility department so that we can find the issue that is happening on your current site.

Unfortunately, I am not able to access your site anymore (I will attach a screenshot with the error below).

However, I had the debug information that you added initially at the beginning of the ticket and I was able to check a few things so I created a sandbox testing environment on the link below (one-click login):
hidden link

WPML + the WPML add-ons are already installed and I set up the same languages like the ones on the live site, all I would need from you is to install the theme and try to recreate the issue (the idea of a clean sandbox environment is to avoid as much as possible to add any other extra plugins that are not needed, so we would need just the WPML plugins and whatever is needed to recreate the issue - theme and/or plugin/s).

If the issue is going to happen on our servers, too, that's when I can forward this to our Compatibility team as I think this might be a compatibility issue after all.

Will you please let me know when that's done and what is the result so that we can move forward with this?

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 27, 2019 at 1:47 pm #5029803

aymanb-4

you have my wordpres access
please do what you need
what ever
just give my my site without problem
if you need delete anything do

November 27, 2019 at 5:36 pm #5031723

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and welcome back.

Unfortunately, I never worked with the theme that you are using and I would not know how to set things up or recreate the issue. Also, I don't have the original files of the theme or any keys that the theme needs.

So I would need you to please reproduce the issue on the sandbox environment that I created for you so that I can forward this to our Compatibility department.

Practically, I need you to help me so that I will be able to help you.

Please let me know when the issue has been recreated so that I can check and forward it to our Compatibility department.

I will be waiting for your response so that we can move forward with this and get to a solution as fast as possible.

Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 28, 2019 at 7:36 am #5033725

aymanb-4

If you want to delete the template files from the hosting
And we reinstall it again
We can do this on our own hosting

November 28, 2019 at 3:54 pm #5037845

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your response.

The issue needs to be replicated on our servers (this is the first condition) and the second condition is that it needs to be replicated on a completely fresh install, as I mentioned above:

"the idea of a clean sandbox environment is to avoid as much as possible to add any other extra plugins that are not needed, so we would need just the WPML plugins and whatever is needed to recreate the issue - theme and/or plugin/s".

So I'm afraid there is no other way but for us to work together. It should not take you more than a few minutes to replicate it and after that, I can simply forward it to our compatibility department.

I already set up the sandbox for you (you just need to click this link and it will automatically log you into the WordPress backend panel - hidden link) and I already set up the exact languages that you were using on the live site.

So as you have the theme and you know how it works and how this can be replicated, that's all I would need from you - to install the theme and whatever plugin is necessary and replicate it. I think it should not take you more than 10-15 minutes maximum. Maybe even less, if the theme is easy to navigate.

I can assure you that I have your best interest in mind and I would like to be able to send this as soon as possible to our developers in the Compatibility department but we need to follow the compatibility-escalation procedure.

Kind regards,
Mihai