This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 11, 2018 at 8:36 pm #2725226

karenK-9

Hello,

Every time your plugin, it makes my like harder. Please help me. I made a test website to check how it works and I stuck with the translations.

1. I cannot remove translations. Here is a video hidden link
As you can see I removed the page however it's still there somehow

2. After removing a page the translation is there, however I cannot switch the language hidden link

3. When I translate the page it changes my design somehow hidden link

4. I still do not understand Translate from Duplicate (please no canned answers).

5. What is this page and what should I do here? hidden link

6. What is this page and what should I do here? It seems like filled out by itself hidden link

I really hope you can help me to understand how your plugin works.

thanks in advance

September 12, 2018 at 5:48 pm #2728544

karenK-9

help please

September 13, 2018 at 3:08 pm #2732157

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

1. By the screencast, it seems that you have some pages in the trash, in the Russian language. Please, make sure that the pages you have removed are excluded from the trash as well.

2. This should be related to problem 1. Make sure the page is removed from the trash too so that the translation does not exist anymore.

3. I did not understand what you mean by "Duplicate". Are you talking about duplicating the page? If so, this means synchronizing the translated content with the content of the original language.

4. I did not understand what you mean by "Duplicate". Are you talking about duplicating the page? If so, this means synchronizing the translated content with the content of the original language.

The "Translate" option allows you to translate the content. "Duplicate" means keeping the content by synchronizing the secondary content with the original content.

5. This is the translation management page. You can duplicate the pages or send them to an external translator if you want.

You can see a slightly more detailed explanation in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/

6. Some strings belong to packages. In your example, strings are packages of your page builder. On this page, you do not need to do anything, unless you want to delete some package of these page/translations.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

September 13, 2018 at 4:09 pm #2732319

karenK-9

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for your help.

1 -2) thank you. It did help.
3) Please check the video and question again. It seems like you skipped this question.
4) I was referring to this hidden link I still do not understand the difference in a plain English (I didn't understand your answer). I need to understand which option is the best with Visual Composer because in my case then I click on + I do not see all VC modules.
5) Why do you need to duplicate the entire page and in what cases I need to use it? And Is there a way to disable external translation services? I do not want to have the functionality that I am not using. (two questions)
6) do I dont need to care about it?
7. Can you also please tell me why the Russian is not fully supported hidden link

P.S. Please use the simple plain English. It's hard to understand the terminology.

thanks

September 13, 2018 at 7:18 pm #2732788

karenK-9

...continue...

8. This is part of my question #4. As you can see I have many options in my Visual Composer however when i try to translate this is what I see hidden link
9. Sometimes I see this check checkbox is not active hidden link even if I go and remove the page it's still not active

thanks

September 15, 2018 at 2:09 am #2736851

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

3. You may need to select an option on the page so that it works correctly in the secondary language.

I'm not aware of your website, but to check this out, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

---------------------------------
Note:

About your other questions, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you.

September 17, 2018 at 5:24 pm #2742088

karenK-9

Bruno,

I appreciate your help, however you didn't answer #4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 🙁

Let's just answer those questions and then I will try to generate the access to my site

September 19, 2018 at 4:52 am #2747258

Bruno
Supporter

In my message above, I asked you to open other topics for your other messages so that I could focus only on item 3.

Otherwise, there are several different messages on the same topic and this will be confusing for me and other users if they search for similar answers to the problem you are reporting in item 3.

So please, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Still, on item 3, where I can not know what is happening, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] I can't understand how your plugin work.’ is closed to new replies.