This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
May 31, 2019 at 10:14 am #3929715

Daniel

I am trying to differents sitemaps for each language with no index post type.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:remove urls where language is italian, p.e.

Instead, I got: url with /it directory.
I need unlock _yoast_wpseo_meta-robots-noindex and setup noindex languages as italian or deutch

May 31, 2019 at 12:51 pm #3930541

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I am not sure understood the issue completely, it seems like you want to selectively remove certain URL from Italian languages from the yoast site map? is that your issue? correct me if am wrong.

Did you get any error in your browser console when you try to unlock the "_yoast_wpseo_meta-robots-noindex" custom field, Please explain the steps you are doing and errors if any i will try to reproduce it on my local setup?

Please share temporary access to your site, let me check a few parameters, I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

June 5, 2019 at 12:53 pm #3960663

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Since the settings are controlled by an XML file I have overridden the translation preference setting using custom XML configuration added in WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration

<wpml-config>
 <custom-fields>
   <custom-field action="copy-once">_yoast_wpseo_meta-robots-noindex</custom-field>
 </custom-fields>
</wpml-config>

However, the best and the simplest way to exclude a language from indexing through robot.txt file As /it/ is a virtual directory, Did you gave a try adding a rule to robots.txt and removing it from webmasters tool?

hidden link

Kind regards
Raja