Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
February 7, 2019 at 3:25 pm #3171031

mathieulaflamme

I can't believing I'm having this problem again. I haven't used your plug in for almost a year because I always had this problem, now I'm on a new site, with a new theme, I've spent a year working on my site, and your damn plug in won't update again:-( Sigh. What am I doing wrong. Thanks

February 8, 2019 at 2:24 pm #3175674

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Our system team has advised to follow these steps to successfully update plugins: Go to Dashboard Menu >> Updates >> And press the "Check Again" button >> After that you should be able to update the remaining plugins.

Note: if there is any issue still with above steps, the "Activate after download" checkbox should be unchecked first.

Please confirm if it works, otherwise I can help you manually upgrade WPML plugins. Thank you

February 10, 2019 at 10:57 am #3179610

mathieulaflamme

Not working. So tell me, will I ever be able to rely on your product? Does anyone rely on your product in professional circumstances? How I am supposted to run a website with these kinds of headaches. This is not a free service, I do not understand how this is possible. I have been dealing with this problem for years now. Incredible. You're killling my buisness.,

February 10, 2019 at 1:10 pm #3179733

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for trying those steps. That's bit strange its not working still because these same steps work for few other sites. Even when the plugin is not updating, it usually does not have any affect on your site as old plugin was functioning well with your site.

- For now I can suggest to Backup your site and manually remove WPML, download and install latest plugin manually from our site:
https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

- And if you would like us to investigate this further, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that we can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] I can't update’ is closed to new replies.