This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
September 13, 2019 at 9:47 am #4567193

miguelI

I am trying to update WPML Media, WPML Multilingual CMS and WPML Strin Transaltion.

If I click on "View version 2.5.3 details" it shows:
"Warning: This plugin has not been tested with your current version of WordPress."

So, I ignore the message and I click on "update now".
Then, this message shows: Update Failed: -1

I'm using WP version 5.2

You can see my current versions of WPML in the attached image.

Thanks

September 13, 2019 at 10:35 am #4567521

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please try this procedure below:

1. Create a full website backup
2. Go to Plugins > Commercial > and try to update the plugins from here by checking the checkboxes and Update

If that still doesn't work, please try this other method:

• download the latest version of WPML from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/;
  • disable WPML Multilingual CMS
  • delete WPML Multilingual CMS (the settings and the translations are saved in the database so they will not be deleted);
  • upload the freshly downloaded WPML plugin from Plugins → Add New → Upload Plugin → Activate WPML;

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further help.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

September 13, 2019 at 2:23 pm #4569389

miguelI

Hi Mihai

I've changed the order.
First I've tried to update "String traslation". It has worked.
Then, I've tried to update "Multilingual CMS". It has worked also.
Finally, I've tried to update "Media". The screen has shown:

Update Failed: The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

I've then moved to my mailbox. WP has sent to me this email:

Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WPML Multilingual CMS.

First, visit your website (hidden link) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (hidden link) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can't access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special "recovery mode". This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

hidden link

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don't worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 26 of the file /var/www/vhosts/trekpyrenees.com/test.trekpyrenees.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/templates/wpml-twig-template-loader.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Class 'Twig_Loader_Filesystem' not found in /var/www/vhosts/trekpyrenees.com/test.trekpyrenees.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/templates/wpml-twig-template-loader.php:26
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/vhosts/trekpyrenees.com/test.trekpyrenees.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/class-wpml-media-factory.php(17): WPML_Twig_Template_Loader->get_template()
#1 /var/www/vhosts/trekpyrenees.com/test.trekpyrenees.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php(144): WPML_Media_Factory->create()
#2 /var/www/vhosts/trekpyrenees.com/test.trekpyrenees.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php(92): WPML_Action_Filter_Loader->run_factory(Object(WPML_Media_Factory))
#3 /var/www/vhosts/trekpyrenees.com/test.trekpyrenees.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php(7

Look forward to hearing from you

September 16, 2019 at 7:04 am #4576729

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay but I don't work on the weekends.

So, I am happy to hear that you were able to fix the issue for most of the plugins.

For the media plugin, can you please follow the steps in the second point I mentioned above and see if that solves the issue?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai

September 17, 2019 at 7:26 am #4586071

miguelI

Hi Mihai

I'm sorry but I cannot do that in a live environment (deleting the plugin, etc. etc.)
As that is not a valid solution, I tried again with the WPML Media, and now it worked.
¿?
Thanks for your help
Kind regards

September 17, 2019 at 8:30 am #4586345

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Miguel,

my name is Marcel and I will take over your ticket, as Mihai is not available today.

Thanks for the info, I will mark the ticket as resolved.

Best Marcel