This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Harshad 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
April 2, 2014 at 8:03 am #372155

muhammad

Hi sir,
I have site with 3 languages, i changed the theme, and after changing the theme, i move all the database from old theme to new theme, all pages shown in list, but not assigning to is respective pages, can you please tell me how can it will be fixed?
regards

April 2, 2014 at 2:39 pm #372502

Dat Hoang

Hello,

#1,
Could you describe 'i move all the database from old theme to new theme' ? People usually change themes and don't need to move database. So I'm a bit confused.

#2,
Please take for me some screenshots:
- wp-admin -> Pages
- wp-admin -> Pages and change the language in the admin bar (or choose pages under other language than the default)
- Choose a page and go to Editor screen and take a screenshot.

#3,
What are your versions of WPML and add-ons? You see them in WPML -> Support.

Thank you.

April 2, 2014 at 3:03 pm #372550

muhammad

hi sir, can i send you my login details so you can please fix it?
can i have your email please?

April 3, 2014 at 4:06 am #372839

Dat Hoang

Hello,

Please insert your credentials in the private box.
However, to troubleshoot problem, I still need your answer for above questions.

Thank you.

April 3, 2014 at 5:50 am #372863

muhammad

I have written all the information in the box, ok here is the answer
sir, i take the backup of database and install a new wordpress, then i apply my theme as my site is a business site, i don't want to distrub my customers, then i fix all the theme there and when i move it to main folder, with the new database i feel this, that no page is assigned to its relative pages, please check this and fix this.
regards

April 3, 2014 at 10:20 am #373142

Dat Hoang

Hello,

Could you clone your site and let us see its database? I recommend you use Duplicator wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

In this case, there is something wrong in the database.

Another thing to try: please install the latest WPML version 3.1.4 in http://wpml.org/my-account/downloads/

Thank you.

April 3, 2014 at 11:33 am #373224

muhammad

sir, you can do it please whatever you want, i already have the full backup of the site and database, you want to install the new one wpml plugin then you can, please fix it sir.
the ftp info which i give you that one also work for cpanel.
regards

April 4, 2014 at 10:34 am #373968

Dat Hoang

Hello,

Thank you.
Please stay tuned.
I'm trying this.

April 4, 2014 at 10:39 am #373976

muhammad

ok sir i am waiting
regards

April 4, 2014 at 11:02 am #373993

Dat Hoang

Hello,

I've installed Adminer https://wordpress.org/plugins/adminer/ to troubleshoot your database and upgrade WPML to 3.1.4

Please see my attachment. The reason is the pages in other languages are assigned to English.

I think when you backup and restore the database, there are some language information is missed.

After restoring the database, do you make any action in troubleshooting page in hidden link ?

Thank you.

April 4, 2014 at 12:48 pm #374048

muhammad

bro, please do what ever you want to do please i just want that my site will start working perfect
please sir
thanks so much

April 7, 2014 at 7:14 am #374962

Dat Hoang

Hello,

I'm sorry for missing the attachment, please see it in the previous reply.

I understand I can do anything in your site, but I think you agree with me that I need your information to troubleshoot the problem .

After restoring the database, do you make any action in troubleshooting page in <em><u>hidden link</u></em> ?

Could I have the original database? It seems that when you copied database, you did not backed up tables created by WPML.

Thank you.

April 7, 2014 at 7:17 am #374963

muhammad

No i never do anything, if you login to cpanel and you can go to phpmyadmin, there you can find the old database bro,
let me know if any more detail you want
regards

April 7, 2014 at 10:46 am #375171

Dat Hoang

Hello,

Could you be more specific? Which database? Where I can find it?

Thank you for your help.

April 7, 2014 at 12:04 pm #375253

muhammad

in phpmyadmin you will find the database name as "0214_db_GeC0" that one is my old database.
any more information you want?

The topic ‘[Closed] I change my theme after that no page is assign to its respective language’ is closed to new replies.