This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
September 25, 2019 at 1:53 am #4634655

marcP-18

Hi,
I created a page in french, then duplicated and translated it in english. (so I have a french and an english version of the same page).
The french version slug is "services-calinotherapie" and
the english version slug is "cuddletherapy-services".
I want that page to be my woocommerce shop page.
So I go in woocommerce settings, in the products tabs and for the shop page, I select "cuddletherapy-services" (because I only see the english versions of my pages anyway)
and for the product permalink I use the personnalized version with /cuddletherapy-services/ set as the english language, and in the woocommerce multilingual I make sure that the shop page slug is "services-calinotherapie" in french.
It used to work well: I could switch from my french to my english shop page and vice versa. I could see all my french products (each on their page, but with the "services-calinotherapie" slug) and I could see all my english products (each on their page, but with the "cuddletherapy-services" slug).
(I have different products in french than in english; I mean, they're not translations of each other, they really are completely different from one language to another).

But now, it's not working anymore!
Well, my english version of the shop page works, and my english products are showing up each on their page with the "cuddletherapy-services" slug.
BUT the french version of the shop page is NOT SHOWING ANYMORE, AND the french products are with the "cuddletherapy-services" (english) slug too!

And if I go back in woocommerce settings, products tab and switch for the french version of my shop page (if I've been working on french pages before, when I get there, I see the french versions of my pages, but again only the french version)... well then it's the english version that doesn't work anymore!
and if I change the product permalink for /services-calinotherapie/, even though I make sure, in woocommerce multilingual that the shop page slug is well translated in english "cuddletherapy-services", then all my products are showing the "services-calinotherapie" slug (the english ones too!!)!

my website: hidden link
French shop page:
hidden link
French product:
(the address that should be:)
hidden link
(the address that actually is:)
hidden link (see the english there, that's bad)
English shop page:
hidden link
English product:
hidden link

...please fix this!

thank you

P.S. I tried to do it all again with a new page created from scratch, that I translated and then set as my new shop page... and I got the same problem!

September 25, 2019 at 5:18 pm #4641461

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Marc,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

Best Marcel

The topic ‘[Closed] I created a page in french, then duplicated and translated it in english.’ is closed to new replies.