This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by janv-14 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 15, 2018 at 12:37 pm #2817411

janv-14

I am using the WPML pro plugin together with the Beaver Builder Theme and Beaver Builder pro plugin on various websites.
My problem is probably easy to solve and maybe the answer is already on the FAQ, but I can not find the solution.. For me it is a big problem..
It’s about a website in 3 languages (for now and more to follow). The first is in Dutch (wich is my language), the second is English (wich is good to read for me), but the third is Hungarian, wich I can not read. The translation I have got from someone who knows this language.
What is the problem?
The problem is that when I swich to the Hungarian language, the theme in the Backend also switches (for a big part) to Hungarian and that I can’t read!
I prefer everything from the theme (beaver builder) in my language (Dutch), but English is also OK.
I think this option is to be set in WPML / localization of ‘localization of themes and plugins’, but that does not work for me.
Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong.

If you need any login data, let me know.

Regards, Jan van de Wege, The Netherlands

URL Website: hidden link

October 16, 2018 at 6:15 pm #2822079

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please try this:

- Go to your WordPress dashboard > Users > Your Profile
- Scroll to the "Language" section
- Choose "English" from the dropdown
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the blue "Update Profile" button

Here is also the related documentation for that:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/setting-the-wordpress-administration-language/

Please let me know if that is what you were looking for or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 16, 2018 at 7:30 pm #2822252

janv-14

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!