This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
July 20, 2019 at 1:39 pm #4249959

darioG

I am trying to translate my posts but don't have the visual editor and can't do it as always.

Could you help me please?

Thanks,
Sara

July 21, 2019 at 9:08 am #4251825

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hello, Sara.

It seems that you are having this problem with a post or page main content area (body).
Is this correct?
I wasn't able to replicate this problem on my test site. If I style something on the main content area of a post, I can use the Visual editor on WPML's Translation Editor.

Please correct the following issues on your site and see if it helps to solve this problem.

1. Update WordPress to its latest version. Currently, you using an old version of WordPress.

2. Update WPML and its String Translation and Translation Management add-ons. I can also see that they are not updated on your site.

3. By looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that the PHP version that the server of your site uses is also old and not compatible with WPML and also with WordPress itself. Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.6 and above with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above.
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is a live site you might want first to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

Could you please perform those procedures and see if it help?

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] I don't have visual editor and can't translate correctly my posts.’ is closed to new replies.