Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 34 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 2, 2019 at 10:17 am #4496203

nicoM-6

- I want certain categories and page-builder elements on my page to be translated. I already added all translations in taxonomy traslations but they only appear partly, if at all.

- I attached some images of the German version of my page to clarify my problem (english is the reference language). It's really annoying that it's not working since the taxonomy translation was the reason why I upgraded to the CMS version in the first place.

I hope you can help me fix it. Thanks a lot in advance.

What is the link to your site?
miglos-trade.com

September 2, 2019 at 5:02 pm #4499345

nicoM-6

Hello,

we've tried to set up the sandbox but now we are having concerns about activating the theme license on it.
Would you be able to make your tests if we allow you access to a staging version of our website provided by our webhost instead of sandbox?

September 2, 2019 at 6:46 pm #4499673

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Sure let's try it things on your staging site.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 3, 2019 at 4:19 pm #4506225

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

The access details do not work for me. Can you please check them and share with me the correct details?

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 3, 2019 at 5:27 pm #4506701

nicoM-6

I hope these are working now.. If not, pls let me know then I give you my credentials. Thank you

September 4, 2019 at 12:42 pm #4511009

nicoM-6

So, do you have any uptades?

September 4, 2019 at 1:15 pm #4511317

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

The access details do not work for staging site here hidden link. However, they do work for the main site here hidden link.

If you want me to check things without the risk of changing or breaking anything on the live site, then please share with me the correct access details for the staging site.

Other than that, please explain to me where on the back-end do you define the categories that you have the issue with. Also, please explain to me where do you define the custom fields labels. And also, where on the front-end I can see the problem. From looking at your screenshots, it is hard for me to realize where to go on the front-end.

Please note that you are using WPML and WooCommerce, but the WooCommerce Multilingual is not active on your site. You can learn more about working with WPML and WooCommerce at the following link.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

A private message is enabled again.

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 4, 2019 at 1:45 pm #4511493

nicoM-6

The custom field 'sell your car' is an integral part of the theme and has not been made by us.

September 4, 2019 at 1:49 pm #4511503

nicoM-6

Oh and btw thanks for your reminder but we're no longer using woocommerce and only use the 'shop'-like features provided by the theme.

September 5, 2019 at 2:06 pm #4519867

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello,
My name is Carlo and I will be taking this ticket from now long because my colleague Itamar is on vacations.

I have found the way to translate some of the strings you show in the screenshots attached to your first message and all of them can be translated using String Translation (see attached images). For more information on how to translate strings using String Translation please visit this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

I kindly ask you to translate the untranslated strings remaining and let me know if there is another string that you can't translate. In the case that you can't translate other strings, please describe how to see the untranslated strings and attach some screenshots so I can find them faster.

Regards,
Carlos

September 5, 2019 at 4:44 pm #4520791

nicoM-6

Hi Carlos,

thank you, I was now able to translate some of the strings including the custom field 'Sell your car'.

However, most problems still persist:

1) I translated all strings with the name 'condition' and 'make' but they still aren't translated on the 'add-a-car' page. (screenshots 1 &2)

2) After having translated said strings, the search engine on the front page now translates various parameters like e.g. 'transmission' or 'body' to 'Marke' which is the German word for 'make'. (screenshot3).

I don't want to keep bothering you with these messages but it just doesnt seem to be the whole fix.

I hope my description was sufficiently clear.

Thank you and kind regards,
Nico Miguel

September 6, 2019 at 9:04 am #4524207

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Nico,
Thank you very much for your message.

As the next step I kindly ask you to:
- Create a full backup of the site.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes.
- Flush the cache memory.
- Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link -> Apply the troubleshooting steps highlighted in the attached image.
- Update the translations of the 'add-a-car' page.

Could you tell me if the issue persists after the steps above?

Regards,
Carlos

September 6, 2019 at 10:20 am #4524757

nicoM-6

Hi Carlos,

thanks for your message.
We implemented the steps that you described but unfortuantely nothing has changed.

Kind regards,
Nico Miguel

September 6, 2019 at 11:00 am #4524937

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Nico,

I just visited the site and I still can see 22 pending updates. Could you update this outdated plugins, themes and the core so we can rule this out as a possible cause?

Regards,
Carlos

September 6, 2019 at 12:28 pm #4525297

nicoM-6

Hi Carlos,

I made the updates but most of them concern WooCommerce plugins which we no longer use.

Regards,
Nico