Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 34 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 6, 2019 at 12:29 pm #4525299

nicoM-6

I will delete the themes and plugins that are'nt used.

September 6, 2019 at 2:33 pm #4526001

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi Nico,

Thank you for keeping me updated.

Looking forward to your message.
Regards,
Carlos

September 7, 2019 at 1:19 pm #4529345

nicoM-6

Hello,

I've made the updates. You can continue your error search.
Thank you.

Regards,
Nico

September 9, 2019 at 10:00 am #4535791

nicoM-6

Hi Carlos,

do you have any updates?

Thanks and kind regards,
Nico

September 9, 2019 at 10:37 am #4535987

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Nico,

The cause of the issue was that the strings weren't scanned yet by String Translation plugin. I would like to ask you to follow this steps in order to solve the issue:
- Go to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration tab -> Add the following code:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="stm_vehicle_listing_options">
            <key name="*" /></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

- Then go to WPML -> String Translation -> Now you will find the strings under the 'admin_texts_stm_vehicle_listing_options' domain.

Note: Please deactivate the cache plugin because Varnish cache has known issues with WPML. I would recommend you to use other cache plugin. In this link you will find our Multilingual-Ready Plugins list where there are cache plugins compatible with WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

Could you confirm that the issue is solved?

Regards,
Carlos

September 9, 2019 at 11:14 am #4536495

nicoM-6

Hello Carlos,

when I translate the strings in that domain, the labels disappear from the filter on top of the add-a-car page entirely. (marked yellow on top of the screenshot).

The translation worked for the filters below, however. (marked yellow on the bottom of the screenshot).

Just to inform you: I deactivated the Varnish cache plugin and installed a compatible plugin.

Kind regards,
Nico

September 9, 2019 at 11:16 am #4536499

nicoM-6

I forgot to attach the screenshot. Here you go.

September 9, 2019 at 11:19 am #4536537

nicoM-6

Oh and another big problem induced by this update:
- all the sub-categories that I have entered for 'condition' or 'make' in the filter engine on top have disappeared. So when you click on the dropdown menu you have no single option to choose from.

September 9, 2019 at 11:42 am #4536715

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Nico,

Please follow this steps:
- Activate the Varnish cache -> Flush the cache memory -> Deactivate Varnish cache (sometimes the cache plugins leave the cache even after deactivated).
- Go to WPML -> String Translation -> Search the strings that disappeared -> Delete the strings and they will appear automatically after refreshing the page -> Translate the string again (please don't translate the slugs, only the labels)

Could you tell me if the issue was solved?

Regards,
Carlos

September 9, 2019 at 12:21 pm #4537077

nicoM-6

Hi Carlos,

unfortunately, it still looks the same.

Kind regards,
Nico

September 9, 2019 at 1:26 pm #4537613

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Nico,

I'm sorry but I don't see the issue in this page: hidden link

Regards,
Carlos

September 9, 2019 at 2:43 pm #4538127

nicoM-6

Hi Carlos,

Hm that's strange. But if it works on the staging site, we might at least turn this one into the live version.

Do you have any other ideas what might be the cause for that?

In addition, I wanted to point out another issue that I have.

1) Whenever I click on the German add-a-car button from the homepage it redirects me to the english version.

Kind regards,
Nico

September 9, 2019 at 3:47 pm #4538727

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Nico,

I suspect that the issue might be caused by some outdated cache memory or plugins/themes that have not been updated so they are causing conflicts in the code.

In the other hand there are 2 'add-a-car' pages in the staging site. I'm just testing in the first one in the list (hidden link).

Regards,
Carlos

September 9, 2019 at 4:06 pm #4538837

nicoM-6

Hi Carlos,

I performed all the steps you told me. I re-activated 'varnish', flushed the cache (which I had done already before), de-activated it again, updated all plugins, flushed my browser cache but still have the same problems.

Kind regards,
Nico

September 9, 2019 at 4:09 pm #4538845

nicoM-6

and yea add-a-car is old, you have to use the other one. Sorry about that.