Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
July 5, 2017 at 1:39 pm #1312648

Alex Asimakopoulos

I am trying to:
Hello I had polylang so i followed this guide https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/migrate-polylang-wpml/ the imigration has been done, but when i disable polylang and enable wpml i get all the site blank.
Also i get this message on permalinks It looks like languages per directories will not function. i added on .htaccess as i saw as solutions the rules but with no luck.
URL of (my) website where problem appears:
hidden link
I expected to see:
The site at least on the default language (my site has 2 languages)

Instead, I got:
Blank pages with no content
Steps to duplicate the issue:
you have to make a host file to see it, please tell me where i should credentials

July 6, 2017 at 7:31 am #1313168

Bernat Torras

Hi @alex ,

Thanks for contacting support, I'll do my best to help you with this! 🙂

Blank screens are usually hiding php errors. Could you please enable WordPress debug mode to check if we can get more information about these errors?

To enable WordPress debug you need to edit your wp-config.php file (you'll find it at the root folder of your install) and add these lines before ("/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */") line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

You'll probably already have a definition for WP_DEBUG constant. If so, change its value to 'true' instead of defining it again (as it can cause some problems trying to re-define the constant).

Once activated, try to refresh the blank page and let us know if errors appear on the page or logged in wp-content/debug.log.

Thanks,
Bernat

July 6, 2017 at 8:37 am #1313222

Alex Asimakopoulos

@Bernat Torras you are a hero!! I have made only define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); like you said on the guide and it didn't show the error, with your code i saw that the fault was the function pll_the_languages() . Thaaaank you soooo muuuuch!!!
Have a nice day

July 6, 2017 at 9:49 am #1313301

Alex Asimakopoulos

one more question about the languages that i get this message:
It looks like languages per directories will not function.
What should i do?

July 7, 2017 at 9:08 am #1314221

Bernat Torras

Hi Alex,

Good to know you identified the problem! 🙂

Regarding this message, it can appear because one of these issues:

- Your .htaccess file is not writable. Try to check it using an FTP program and make sure it has writing permissions.

- You're using simple/plain permalinks structure. Go to Settings>Permalinks and make sure you're not using plain structure (the one that comes by default). Try to select a different structure (like 'post name') and check if the error still appears.

If you've checked both points and they're all ok and the message still appears, open any page in your Frontend and check if the url contains pretty permalinks (instead of using a parameter like "?p=123"). Check if the language code is also added as a directory (/en/). If so, you should ignore the error message as it is a false error that has been cached in your system and everything works fine.

Please give it a try and tell us if everything works fine.

Thanks,
Bernat

July 11, 2017 at 10:04 pm #1317300

Alex Asimakopoulos

Hello Bernat and thank you again for your reply 🙂
On .htaccess i can see the permissions are 644
Also i added RedirectMatch 301 /en/$ hidden link
RedirectMatch 301 //$ hidden link
and

# END WordPress
<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

as i show in posts but with no change.
I had changed the permalinks to post name, i send you a printscreen.
Yes i can see the gr, so is it ok?

And two more question please( i don't know if those are caused by this error).
When i am on woocommerce multilangual i can't see the product categories, it is seen that is loading but it doesn't load something eventually. ( i got on Custom taxonomies but i can't click on translate, it is clicked the do nothing).

Also on header i added language switcher with this code:
<span id="lang"><?php do_action('icl_language_selector'); ?></span>
like i saw on a guide, it is working normally but when i am on woocemmerce page it disappear the one language( i am sending printscreen ).
Thank you for your time

July 12, 2017 at 6:36 am #1317424

Bernat Torras

Hi Alex,

Based on your explanation I'd say that you don't have any problem with your permalinks and WPML is able to generate the urls for the secondary languages properly.

Regarding your new questions, I'd suggest you to open new tickets for them. We try to keep our forum organized with a question for ticket (to help other users experiencing same issues) and I'm afraid that there are too many different topics in this ticket already... So, could you please create one ticket for each of your problems/questions and provide all the needed information there? This way we'll be able to address them in a better way.

Thanks,
Bernat

July 12, 2017 at 9:15 am #1317547

Alex Asimakopoulos

Yes of course Bernat i didn't if it comes from the permalinks that's why i asked. Thank you again very much!!:)