Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Yvette.

Author Posts
February 9, 2020 at 6:26 pm #5456755

emelieC

Hello,

I get emails reminding me that I have unfinished translation jobs.

THe emails look something like this:

-------------------
Kära Marcus Fütö,

Detta är en snabb påminnelse om att de översättningsjobb du har skickat är försenade.

Den deadline du har angivit för dessa jobb har förfallit:

Buy engagement ring and wedding ring at the same time! (deadline: 2019-09-09, försenad med 153 dagar)
18 Engagement Tips (deadline: 2019-09-09, försenad med 153 dagar)
Rings of Sweden's Romantic Tips (deadline: 2019-09-09, försenad med 153 dagar)
Rings: Mass production vs Unique Craftsmanship (deadline: 2019-09-09, försenad med 153 dagar)
Rings of Sweden's Romantic Tips (deadline: 2019-08-26, försenad med 167 dagar)
Rings of Sweden's Romantic Tips (deadline: 2019-08-26, försenad med 167 dagar)
Du kan se alla jobb du har skickat och deras deadlines i lista över översättningsjobb.

Behöver du snabbare översättningstjänster? Prova en av de professionella översättningstjänsterna kopplade till WPML.
----------------------

I want to cancell all those translation jobs. I don't have any tranlsation jobs, and I dont want to receive those emails.

Could you please guide me, how to delete all those jobs and finally relieve me from the email notifications that I am getting.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Marcus

February 11, 2020 at 10:35 am #5468379

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. Cancelling jobs
You can "resign" from a job if you are a Translator and have started/opened the translation job. Then the Translation Manager can cancel any jobs her:
WPML > Translation Management > Translation Jobs (select and then "cancel").

If you have not opened/started transalting any jobs, then you don´t have to do anything and the Translation Manager can cancel the jobs from the dashboard.

2. Email notifications
Email notifications can be disabled here:
"WPML > Translation Management > Translation Notifications"

Here you can control the notifications for both the translators and the translation manager (whichever role you are).

I hope this responds to your question.

February 12, 2020 at 9:50 am #5475721

emelieC

Hello Yvette,

Ok, Great that I can turn off notifications.

I just want to make sure there is nothing working in the background unnecessarily.

So I did a search among my translations jobs with deadlines from 2017 - 2020.

This is what it looks like:

hidden link

All jobs on the 3 pages with translations, are either cancelled or completed.

So I don't understand why I am getting these emails...

What is it actually referring to in the emails and how can I remove those jobs?

Thanks!

February 12, 2020 at 10:19 am #5475883

Yvette
Supporter

1. Emails
Are you the "Translation manager"?
Did you have notifications enabled? This is why you would have received emails.

2. Jobs
If there is a way to select the job (look for a white selectable box at the start of the row) you can try cancelling the jobs. If you are not regularly using Translation Management process (e.g. sending items to translation basket, assigning to a translator...etc) then these entries are more like a journal/log of updates that were made to existing posts that then would have required an update to an existing translated post.

You may have updated the post/page directly from the editors view of the page/post and that action would have responded to the alert to "update required". So the status of the post was set to "completed" but the existing job remained journaled in the dashboard.

That is my best guess in your case. You can try a test to see if this explanation holds.

February 13, 2020 at 3:40 pm #5487671

emelieC

Hi Yvette,

I am not really planning to use the translation jobs.

When receving the email it gives me a link where I am supposed to see all the listed jobs. However, when pressing the link I don't see those jobs.

I would happily give you access to remove or cancel the jobs that are causing the emails.

That would help most of all.

Thanks!

February 13, 2020 at 5:02 pm #5488697

Yvette
Supporter

OK

1. Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

2. Do you have a list of the jobs that are producing the emails?

3. Are you STILL receiving emails even after having configured your site to stop all email notifications?

Thanks for answering all questions.

February 14, 2020 at 12:45 pm #5494157

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I´ve set the deadline date to be "NULL" so hopefully this will remove any notifications from being sent.

Will this be ok for you?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.