Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
May 22, 2019 at 2:11 pm #3866517

sagiB

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Nothing special. Get to my website home page.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I looked at similar issues at WPML.org and general Internet regarding Server Error 500 and ICL_SITEPRESS_VERSION.
I did not find any solution that resembles or comes close to my issue.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Please see how the site behaves when WPML CMS plug in is activated and when it is deactivated.
I have turned on debug and got the same message in the log as in the screenshot.
"PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant ICL_SITEPRESS_VERSION - assumed 'ICL_SITEPRESS_VERSION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/u201988111/domains/bizdom.app/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-seo-multilingual/plugin.php on line 15"
On that file, there is a check on the ICL_SITEPRESS_VERSION – so I guess it is not defined somewhere upstream.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

May 22, 2019 at 2:29 pm #3866675

sagiB

Maybe this can be related to "Language URL format", which I had submitted an issue in the past?
I have unchecked the "HTML file" – and then the website did load, in English (the default language), and without the URL rewrite. Changing the URL to "bizdom.app/he" resulted in Server Error 500 again.
(BTW, the "Language URL format" validation still fails.)

May 23, 2019 at 12:41 am #3870025

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Before a more detailed look, please, try this basic troubleshooting:

1 - Make sure your server environment meets our minimum requirements as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/, you can see your current values at your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Info menu and your WPML related plugins are updated to their latest versions.

2 - Disable all the plugins except the WPML related ones from your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and see if the issue is gone, if so, activate one plugin at a time untill the culprit one is found.

3 - If the issue persists, temporary change to a default WordPress theme such as the 'TwentySeventeen' theme from your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes menu.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Please, let me know if the steps above help to fix your issue. Have a nice day.

May 23, 2019 at 8:37 pm #3879361

sagiB

Item #1
Verified minimal resources met.
Server Error 500 still occurs.

Item #2
Disabled all plug ins, except WPML CMS.
Success. Website's front end works properly.
Activated all plug ins, one by one, until all are back.
Success. Website's front end works properly.

I do not know what was the issue as I changed nothing in the configuration.
The only thing changed is the deactivate/activate plug ins.