This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
May 22, 2019 at 2:11 pm #3866517

sagiB

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Nothing special. Get to my website home page.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I looked at similar issues at WPML.org and general Internet regarding Server Error 500 and ICL_SITEPRESS_VERSION.
I did not find any solution that resembles or comes close to my issue.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Please see how the site behaves when WPML CMS plug in is activated and when it is deactivated.
I have turned on debug and got the same message in the log as in the screenshot.
"PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant ICL_SITEPRESS_VERSION - assumed 'ICL_SITEPRESS_VERSION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/u201988111/domains/bizdom.app/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-seo-multilingual/plugin.php on line 15"
On that file, there is a check on the ICL_SITEPRESS_VERSION – so I guess it is not defined somewhere upstream.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

May 22, 2019 at 2:29 pm #3866675

sagiB

Maybe this can be related to "Language URL format", which I had submitted an issue in the past?
I have unchecked the "HTML file" – and then the website did load, in English (the default language), and without the URL rewrite. Changing the URL to "bizdom.app/he" resulted in Server Error 500 again.
(BTW, the "Language URL format" validation still fails.)

May 23, 2019 at 12:41 am #3870025

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Before a more detailed look, please, try this basic troubleshooting:

1 - Make sure your server environment meets our minimum requirements as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/, you can see your current values at your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Info menu and your WPML related plugins are updated to their latest versions.

2 - Disable all the plugins except the WPML related ones from your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and see if the issue is gone, if so, activate one plugin at a time untill the culprit one is found.

3 - If the issue persists, temporary change to a default WordPress theme such as the 'TwentySeventeen' theme from your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes menu.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Please, let me know if the steps above help to fix your issue. Have a nice day.

May 23, 2019 at 8:37 pm #3879361

sagiB

Item #1
Verified minimal resources met.
Server Error 500 still occurs.

Item #2
Disabled all plug ins, except WPML CMS.
Success. Website's front end works properly.
Activated all plug ins, one by one, until all are back.
Success. Website's front end works properly.

I do not know what was the issue as I changed nothing in the configuration.
The only thing changed is the deactivate/activate plug ins.