This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
March 22, 2019 at 7:49 am

yongL

The error message is constantly shown.
"Catchable fatal error: Method WPML_Admin_Menu_Item::__toString() must return a string value in /www_root/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/admin-menu/class-wpml-admin-menu-root.php on line 78"

How can I fix it?

March 22, 2019 at 1:59 pm #3440905

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Yong,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you tell me when is this error appearing on your website, please? Is there a specific page that you need to access in order to see it? Is it visible for the visitors or you can see it only on the dashobard? I'm asking all of this because this issue was already fixed in the past (https://wpml.org/errata/fatal-error-upgrading-wpml-method-wpml_admin_menu_item__tostring-must-return-a-string-value/) and I want to see where it can be seen now to look for a fix.

Thanks,
Radu

March 22, 2019 at 4:48 pm #3442573

yongL

Thank you for your reply. It usually happens after I edit page and return to dashboard. I think it is not for a specific page. Almost every pages not all the time. If you want to check it, you need to log in to my dashboard.

March 25, 2019 at 8:27 am #3450359

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Yong,

I tried to update a page made with Elementor and one without and I didn't see that error message. Also, have you tried to the change presented here: https://wpml.org/errata/fatal-error-upgrading-wpml-method-wpml_admin_menu_item__tostring-must-return-a-string-value/ and see if you still encounter this issue?

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] I got "Catchable fatal error:"’ is closed to new replies.