This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.
Problem: NexGen Gallery shopping cart icon does not show in translations.
Solution: Tthe NGG plugin code and the solution requires a certain process.
Follow these steps to get the icon working in both languages:
1. Go to WPML -> String Translation, and click on the "Translate texts in admin screens »" text link at the bottom of the page.
2. In the next page, find the "ngg_options" item and click on the plus sign to expand it.
3. Select at least the "ecommerce_page_checkout" and "ecommerce_cart_menu_item"
(I say at least because I recommend you select all options that contain text but let's concentrate on those two since those are the only ones relevant for this particular issue).
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Apply" button to add the strings to the String Translation table.
5. Go back to WPML -> String Translation and you will notice the two strings have been added.
"Translate" the page [ngg_options]ecommerce_page_checkout option by using the ID of the German checkout page and mark the translation as complete.
6. "Translate" the [ngg_options]ecommerce_cart_menu_item option by using the exact same value in for German and mark the translation as complete.
7. Open wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery-pro/modules/ecommerce/module.nextgen_pro_ecommerce.php and locate the nav_menu_objects function around line 862 and paste this line:
$settings->ecommerce_page_checkout = apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', $settings->ecommerce_page_checkout, 'page', TRUE );
Right after this line:
$settings = C_NextGen_Settings::get_instance();
That should do it for the icon issue.
The text in the checkout table can be found in WPML -> String Translation under the "nextgen-gallery-pro" domain. Use the search feature to locate them faster.