This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: NexGen Gallery shopping cart icon does not show in translations.

Solution: Tthe NGG plugin code and the solution requires a certain process.
Follow these steps to get the icon working in both languages:
1. Go to WPML -> String Translation, and click on the "Translate texts in admin screens »" text link at the bottom of the page.
2. In the next page, find the "ngg_options" item and click on the plus sign to expand it.
3. Select at least the "ecommerce_page_checkout" and "ecommerce_cart_menu_item"
(I say at least because I recommend you select all options that contain text but let's concentrate on those two since those are the only ones relevant for this particular issue).
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Apply" button to add the strings to the String Translation table.
5. Go back to WPML -> String Translation and you will notice the two strings have been added.
"Translate" the page [ngg_options]ecommerce_page_checkout option by using the ID of the German checkout page and mark the translation as complete.
6. "Translate" the [ngg_options]ecommerce_cart_menu_item option by using the exact same value in for German and mark the translation as complete.
7. Open wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery-pro/modules/ecommerce/module.nextgen_pro_ecommerce.php and locate the nav_menu_objects function around line 862 and paste this line:

$settings->ecommerce_page_checkout = apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', $settings->ecommerce_page_checkout, 'page', TRUE  );

Right after this line:

$settings = C_NextGen_Settings::get_instance();

That should do it for the icon issue.

The text in the checkout table can be found in WPML -> String Translation under the "nextgen-gallery-pro" domain. Use the search feature to locate them faster.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasF-46 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
September 18, 2018 at 2:21 pm

thomasF-46

I am trying to: Translate a ecommerce plugin to my imagely theme.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
1. the cart icon on the German translation
2. the content in the frame translated. But I cannot get to the strings for the translation.

Instead, I got:
1. con cart icon
2. english content

September 19, 2018 at 9:39 pm #2750121

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I checked the NGG plugin code and the solution requires a certain process.
Follow these steps to get the icon working in both languages:
1. Go to WPML -> String Translation, and click on the "Translate texts in admin screens »" text link at the bottom of the page.
2. In the next page, find the "ngg_options" item and click on the plus sign to expand it.
3. Select at least the "ecommerce_page_checkout" and "ecommerce_cart_menu_item"
(I say at least because I recommend you select all options that contain text but let's concentrate on those two since those are the only ones relevant for this particular issue).
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Apply" button to add the strings to the String Translation table.
5. Go back to WPML -> String Translation and you will notice the two strings have been added.
"Translate" the page [ngg_options]ecommerce_page_checkout option by using the ID of the German checkout page and mark the translation as complete.
6. "Translate" the [ngg_options]ecommerce_cart_menu_item option by using the exact same value in for German and mark the translation as complete.
7. Open wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery-pro/modules/ecommerce/module.nextgen_pro_ecommerce.php and locate the nav_menu_objects function around line 862 and paste this line:

$settings->ecommerce_page_checkout = apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', $settings->ecommerce_page_checkout, 'page', TRUE  );

Right after this line:

$settings = C_NextGen_Settings::get_instance();

That should do it for the icon issue.

The text in the checkout table can be found in WPML -> String Translation under the "nextgen-gallery-pro" domain. Use the search feature to locate them faster.

Hope that helps,
Ricardo

September 20, 2018 at 4:58 pm #2752848

thomasF-46

Hi Ricardo

Thanks for your instructins. I found the following issues to mark (screenshot). But there was no "ecommerce_page_checkout" and no "ecommerce_cart_menu_item".

I went back to the string-translation page. And there were some things to be translated under the nextgen-gallery-pro, but there was nothing like I marked in the "Translate texts in admin screens "-Page. Now there are some texts that I allready translated. But I cannot find all of them and some texts I translated do not apear so.

Best
Thomas

September 24, 2018 at 3:08 pm #2760870

Ricardo Alday

Can you give me access to your site again? I remember seeing those strings before in your WP admin but maybe it's not where I thought I saw them.

September 24, 2018 at 3:56 pm
September 24, 2018 at 4:08 pm #2761231

Ricardo Alday

Thanks, the strings were there, in fact, "ecommerce_page_checkout" is also in the screenshot you posted and had already been added. I just added "ecommerce_cart_menu_item". Now all strings show up in WPML -> String Translation under the "admin_texts_ngg_options" domain. All you need to do now is translate them.

September 24, 2018 at 4:12 pm #2761236

thomasF-46

Thanks Recardo. You were a great help. I see. Thanks for your assistance. I'll translate them.
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

October 2, 2018 at 10:03 am #2780987

thomasF-46

Answer to your reply vrom September 19, 2018 at 9:39 pm

Hi Ricardo
I did as you described it and inserted the line. It blocked the entire page. It wasn't accessible.
What could have gone wrong?

Best Thomas