This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pierre 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
July 3, 2019 at 12:39 pm #4136407

Pierre

Hi,

I have 3 problems:

1) WOOF product filter: color attribute is not translated. In English, the colors are showing correctly but it shows only black squares in French. All attributes are translated but I can’t figure out where to translate these colors.

2) The product image is not showing in French, despite the fact I checked the “Duplicate featured image to translations” checkbox as explained here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

3) I can’t translate the YITH Wishlist title. I’ve scanned the plugin via the “Theme and plugins localization” page, found 3 strings corresponding to “Wishlist” exact match, added my own translation then checked the “Translation is complete” checkbox and saved, but it still shows in English only. I’ve also searched in the “Translate texts in admin screens”, but I couldn’t find it.

Here is a screenshot with the 3 problems.

July 3, 2019 at 4:48 pm #4138189

Pierre

Problem #2 solved, thanks to this topic: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/product-image-is-not-syncing/

I've forgotten to install WPML Media Translation. So I just need help for the #1 and #3 🙂

July 4, 2019 at 12:36 am #4139371

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Please go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual. Verify if all the content is translated. You can receive an overview by visiting the Status Tab. In the right corner of this screen you can find further options for Troubleshooting.

Product taxonomies can be further translated at WPML -> Taxonomy Translation. Please verify if you find here the entries for the WOOF product filters.

Further, I created a test site and I would like to invite you to install the plugins which are causing issues.

One Click Login: hidden link

Leave me anotification once the site is ready and please provide me detailed steps in order to recreate the issues.

Kind regards
Andreas

Now please visit the Products tab. You will realize that almost all product translations are requesting an update (arrowed circle icon). Please update the translations.

I already have synchronzed given product categories on the Category tab and on the Status tab by going to "Troubleshooting".

July 5, 2019 at 8:40 am #4149199

Pierre

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your answer. As you can see in this screenshot, everything is translated yet.

I've also already created a test site with the exact same setup as the main site (With plugins, translations, attributes, ect.). Do you mind to use that one? It will save me a lot of time. I can also give FTP access if you need. Just set the next answer as "private" and I'll send you the credentials.

Thanks

July 5, 2019 at 4:48 pm #4152935

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

July 5, 2019 at 7:55 pm #4153867

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Could you please install the WOOF - WooCommerce Products Filter plugin onto the following site for further testing?

One Click Login:hidden link

Also please add the Easy Mart Theme and the YITH WoCommerce Wishlist Plugin.

I neither was able to locate the string for the Wishlist title inside the the header bar. It might be that it was not proper coded in order for WPML to recognize it as a translatable string. In this case I would advise you to reach out to the plugin support with the information explained in this documentation:

https://wpml.org/faq/language-setup/

Additonal strings of this plugin are translatable on string translation. See screenshot.

Leave me a short notification once the theme and plugins are installed.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 5, 2019 at 10:17 pm #4154073

Pierre

Hi, here you go...

For the Wishlist, the problem comes from the easy-mart theme but that's ok for now. I'll find a solution later. the most important is the WOOF filter. Thanks for your help.

July 6, 2019 at 8:52 pm #4156333

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I recreated the issue on a new installation and sadly I was not able to translate the whole Widget. There are strings available on String Translation but the translations for some contant does not show up on Front-End. the color selectors also are available at String Translation -> Translate texts in admin screens. Anyhow, selecting those strings will not make them available on String Translation.

This issue seems most likely to be caused due to coding issues inside the plugin. I have escalated the issue to our compatibility team and I will be in contact as soon I received feedback.

We will possibly be able to provide a workaround and reach out to the plugin author in order to solve the issue in their plugin.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 8, 2019 at 1:34 pm #4162965

Pierre

All my issues are resolved.

For problem #2: I've just copied the "easy_mart_top_header_wishlist_btn" function (Located in wp-content\themes\easy-mart\inc\custom-hooks/cv-custom-hooks.php Line 72) into my child function.php file and changed

echo esc_html( $wishlist_text );

into

echo esc_html_e( 'Wishlist', 'easy-mart' );

After a plugin scan (in "Theme and plugins localization"), the string appears in "string translation" now.

For problem #1, the plugin author released a fix: hidden link

Thanks Andreas