Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by arielL 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Pierre.

Author Posts
November 16, 2015 at 12:16 pm #747000

arielL

I am trying to: go to any category in woocommerce in greek language

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: whenever i select any category to show the content .

Instead, I got: i got 404 error

hidden link

if you you are in the english version of the shop, select any category and then change the language to greek , it show perfect the content in greek version , but if you select the greek version of shop and try to go to the same category or any. , all the links are not working 404 error. some they link to the blog section.

same if you are in any category change to greek then try to change back to english. it show 404 error

the site is live i can provide ftp access and wordpress access
thanks in advance

November 17, 2015 at 4:27 pm #748230

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support,

May I kindly ask you to please go to WP=> Settings=> Permalinks

and sent me a screenshot of your Permalinks page

Kind Regards,
Bobby

November 17, 2015 at 8:14 pm #748436

arielL

here its
thanks in advance bobby!

November 18, 2015 at 6:40 pm #749501

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the screenshot !

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

November 19, 2015 at 7:17 pm #750603

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the Access Details,

I escalated this thread to our 2nd tier support and they will take a look at this issue.

You will be notified as soon as new information is available.

Thank you,
Bobby

November 19, 2015 at 9:20 pm #750695

arielL

thanks a lot bobby ! waiting for the 2nd tier

November 20, 2015 at 2:02 pm #751277

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello, this is Pierre from 2nd tier support.

Before to investigate further, could you please update all your plugins (WPML + addons, WooCommerce Multilingual)?

I am waiting for your feedback.

Regards,
Pierre

November 20, 2015 at 8:05 pm #751667

arielL

everything updated

November 21, 2015 at 4:56 pm #751897

arielL

ok i figured out what was wrong. there where strings that in product category singular and plural the translation where not exactly the same,. example product translation for greek was προϊόν and in other cases where προiόν ( ί - ϊ ). also permalinks. i changed them to shop . also setup all the statics pages .
if i found any other problem i will let you know but so far everything works fine.
thanks a lot for the support i know you guys are full of work, that's why i tried to fixed by my own.