This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.80 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 9, 2019 at 11:18 am #4536533

khaja-mohammedJ

Tell us what you are trying to do?

i want to translate the website in arabic so that the website run smoothly in both english and arabic.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

The theme people supported me to add the switcher but i need the website to run in arabic and english i have the arabic data ready with me just i need the arabic pages also created so that i can translate the website in arabic too.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

just like any website which runs both english and arabic. eg: hidden link

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

September 9, 2019 at 9:05 pm #4540187

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

The support of RTL supposes to come from the theme and not from WPML. Please consult the authors of your theme, whether it supports RTL. If the theme supports RTL then it will work correctly when you switch the language to Arabic with WPML's Language Switcher.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 10, 2019 at 11:40 am #4544829

khaja-mohammedJ

Sir the theme supports rtl but how the css change which i click the arabic language? there is a option to make the website in rtl in the theme options but that will change the english version too.

Please help me on this as soon as possible.

September 10, 2019 at 11:41 am #4544833

khaja-mohammedJ

check the araic version here.. hidden link

September 10, 2019 at 9:03 pm #4548911

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

It might be a compatibility issue with the theme that you are using, the Constructions theme by SK Web Solutions. I coundn't find this theme on our list here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/
Not being on this list does not mean that it is not compatible; it just means we do not know yet if it is.

To check things further, I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)
Could you please install the Constructions theme and see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation?
Please configures WPML as it is configured on your site.
Please also make sure that you are installing the latest version of the theme.
Then I'll be able to check things on the test site and consult our compatibility team if needed. Please also explain to me where in the theme's options is the option to switch to RTL.

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 11, 2019 at 9:30 am #4552099

khaja-mohammedJ

Ok i have installed the theme.

You goto Appearance > Theme Options > General > RTL CSS

It will convert the site perfectly.

You can add arabic language switcher and check please.

September 12, 2019 at 8:51 am #4559485

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

I've checked the test site and added Arabic as the second language. Then I created a test page. When I translate this page into Arabic it is working fine even if I leave the RTL CSS option disabled. Please see the attached screenshots.

Can you see that it is OK?
What else is not working for you regarding RTL?
Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 12, 2019 at 12:03 pm #4560787

khaja-mohammedJ

I made few pages on the website in arabic pages some things are not aligned>>

hidden link

hidden link

hidden link

hidden link

In some page the alignment is not right.

September 12, 2019 at 12:32 pm #4560895

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

On the test site, I've deactivated WPML and enabled the RTL in Appearance > Theme Options > General > RTL CSS. The issue still persists. You can see it here.
hidden link
Please see the attached screenshot.

So I hope that you can agree with me that it is not an issue that is caused by WPML.
In this case, I suggest that you contact the support of your theme and show them this issue.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] I have added the switcher but the website is not going rtl (english and arabicc)’ is closed to new replies.