Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client couldn't translate one specific string from the header of his theme.

Solution:
You can register missing admin texts from themes in "WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration (tab)"
In that case the correct code was the one presented here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-have-an-issue-regarding-translating-some-strings/#post-11617727

Relevant Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/how-to-register-page-builder-modules-and-theme-options/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas Viallet 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
July 5, 2022 at 1:55 pm

John

I have an issue regarding translating some strings with this theme. hidden link
To be more precise, is about one element from the header witch is a info box.
As you can se in this photo, i have the text founded in string but in the front will not translate. But only the text from that info box, the title it's translated.

And also, in this photo, is the second issue. It's about the wishlist, wich is translated but in the "my account" it's showing the text translated in original leanguage(german).

Also, one more thing, sort by in the shop, same, it's translated but will not show in the front page. Let me attach a photo

July 5, 2022 at 2:54 pm
July 6, 2022 at 10:59 pm #11617727

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply but I couldn't figure out why the translations made in "WPML > String Translation" weren't taken into consideration.

At the end, I manually registered that string using the Custom XML Configuration file.

In "WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration (tab)" I added the following:

<wpml-config>
  <admin-texts>
    <key name="xts_header_831666">
      <key name="structure">
        <key name="content">
          <key name="1">
            <key name="content">
              <key name="2">
                <key name="content">
                  <key name="3">
                    <key name="params">
                      <key name="description">
                        <key name="value"/>
                      </key>
                    </key>
                  </key>
                </key>
              </key>
            </key>
          </key>
        </key>
      </key>
    </key>
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

Translations are now displayed on the frontend. Could you please check and confirm that the issue is solved.

Thanks,
Nico

July 7, 2022 at 1:19 pm #11623549
John

Hey, Nicolas, many thanks for your code indeed everything works. Really appreciate it.
Do you have a solution for the 2nd issue with wishlist translation on the user account page?
Thanks.

New threads created by Nicolas Viallet and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-i-have-an-issue-regarding-translating-some-strings/

July 7, 2022 at 10:00 pm #11626751

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Glad to hear that i we solved this!

As the original issue is resolved and since we limit one issue per ticket, I have opened a new ticket for your additional question. Let's continue our conversation on that new ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-i-have-an-issue-regarding-translating-some-strings/

Keeping one issue by forum threat helps to keep the forum clean and organized, it will also help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum.

Thanks for your understanding.
Nico

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.