This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
February 20, 2019 at 1:22 pm #3221925

deanD-3

I am trying to: translate page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: ANY page will not translate

I expected to see: Option for auto translate

Instead, I got: BLANK!

February 21, 2019 at 12:51 am #3224204

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

To translate content, you're following the step-by-step instructions in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

Have you tried saving the content again? Or try to cancel this translation and try to translate again?

If the problem still persists, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

February 21, 2019 at 6:58 am #3225126

deanD-3

That really is very unhelpful!

As you can see from the screen grab I am logged in to the correct ATE. I’ve spent good money buying your upgrade - to wait 24 hours to be told to log out and in again is frankly a joke!! Do you not think I’d have tried all that, recreate page, etc before getting in touch?!

Come on guys. I need actual help here. There is some bug as to why either the free or paying for extra content is not actually showing the auto-translate button.

February 21, 2019 at 2:31 pm #3228012

Bruno
Supporter

Since the steps I've posted above have not resolved the issue, you might have already included the credentials so our team can verify.

This is not a bug since I can not replicate this in my testing environment. As it is a centralized service, if it were a bug it should be occurring for everyone.

Is there any reason you did not include the credentials so our team can check?

Thank you.

February 22, 2019 at 4:55 pm #3233407

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. This seems to be happening because you are trying to translate the content of a language (English (us)). This language code is not available for translation. The correct code should be "en".

That is, the problem looks like you created/edited some language and is trying to translate from "us" to "de".

Because "us" is not an available language, then machine translation is not available. The correct one is you try to translate from "en" to "de".

One way you could try to translate using the automatic translation would be to access a page that has the English (en) version and then edit this page. Then click to translate to the other languages. That is, the translation will be from "en" to "de", "fr", etc.

Please, could you verify if following the above steps the problem is solved?

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] I have bought words – but the automatically translate button is NOT showing’ is closed to new replies.