Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
July 14, 2017 at 11:29 am #1319605

erikaA-3

hello team,

I have created 2 sub domains and try to configure however its not validating. i already refer your tutorial https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/.

July 14, 2017 at 12:24 pm #1319661

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

Did you have set up the domains correctly, as an alias? Also, you must configure both domains to point to the WordPress installation. For example:

site.com -> /home/user/public_html/wordpress-folder/
it.site.com -> /home/user/public_html/wordpress-folder/

In the example above, note that both point to the same directory. This setting must be made within your subdomain.

When I access the sub-domain in Italian at the moment, it looks like you created a sub-domain without using the same WordPress directory. I'll attach an image for you to see.

Please, open your hosting control panel and see if there is any field for you to specify a directory. If so, use the same WordPress directory as the original domain.

After following these steps, please let me know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

July 15, 2017 at 2:49 pm #1320149

erikaA-3

Thanks for the support. It's works fine. Please delete screenshots (in screenshot has our website URL) from above threads. So that I can close this thread.

July 17, 2017 at 1:20 pm #1320832

erikaA-3

waiting for your reply.

July 17, 2017 at 5:29 pm #1321176

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I do not work on weekends.

I'm glad you've managed to set up the domains correctly. As requested, both screenshots have been removed.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.