This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 22, 2019 at 7:12 am #4617393

linaM-2

Dear Team,

My developer has done the homepage of hidden link in ACF separately.
I am not able to get the option for converting the language into arabic in the ACF field in the Home page content fields.
I really need you to look into the backend of the website and I need your asap.

Thanks & Regards
Sachin

September 22, 2019 at 7:14 am #4617417

linaM-2

Hi Lina,

Kindly check the above issue raised and Kindly get back to me asap.

Thanks & Regards
Sachin

September 23, 2019 at 7:18 pm #4626235

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi Sachin and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

First of all, thank you for your patience and sorry for the delay - there's a good amount of tickets in our queue so it takes a bit longer to respond.

Now, regarding the issue that you are currently experiencing:

1. Can you please let me know if you already had the chance to follow the steps in the documentation link below:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

2. If you already followed those steps and they did not work, can you please tell me more about the exact steps that you tried?

3. Can you please let me know where I can find that area in the screenshot?

4. Also, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

September 25, 2019 at 11:11 am #4638081

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the extra information.

From what I can see in the WordPress panel, there are some updates available but I can't access any of the 2-page links below:

- hidden link
- hidden link

I receive a "404 error" page when I try to access them (attaching a screenshot below).

Can you please:

1. Create a full website backup
2. Update everything to the latest version
3. See if anything changes
4. If nothing changes, can you please check if you followed all the steps in the documentation below (this is related to the initial question from the 1st point that I sent you above):

- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#making-acf-fields-translatable
- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

You need to make sure that before you click to go through a translation process, the custom fields need to be set to "Translatable".

Please let me know what are you able to find.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

September 26, 2019 at 7:25 am #4643853

linaM-2

Hi Mihai,

Thank you for your response.
The updates are for other plugins. I have attached a screen shot of the updates.
The wordpress is updated to latest version itself. check screenshot of that.

The custom fields are set to translatable only, but in the pages, only some fields are present and some are not while we select for arabic translation. check screen shot of that too.

ACF with wpml is already installed in our wp. check screens shot for that too.

check our custom fields first, for example: Flexible page / post content is a custom field but we are not able to see this field while we select for translation in the page.

Kindly go through our wp since the website needs to be up by today.

I am waiting for your fast response for this.

September 26, 2019 at 5:36 pm #4649331

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

For translating the Partners, I simply used the steps here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

You can see "Bayt" showing up here:
hidden link

Regarding the "Site settings" custom fields group, it seems that when I'm on the Site Settings page (hidden link) and I try to change the language flag at the top, I receive the error in the screenshot below.

This means that the issue might be that the "Site settings" custom fields group was not translated yet.

However, I can't find out more about this because when I go to Custom fields > Field groups (hidden link), I receive a 404 error.

If you can remove these limits from the account you gave me access to, that would help.

If not, please check and see if the custom fields group used for the Site Settings area is translated.

Even if in WPML > Settings, "Field Groups (acf-field-group)" is set to "Translatable", you still have to translate the field group.

Please let me know how that goes and what you are able to find.

Kind regards,
Mihai