This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.69 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 4, 2019 at 3:43 pm #4512557

ignazF

I tried to install a key for one website ... and now I have 2 keys. I have translated great part of the website (workpress) ... now I want to delete one key ... but do not know which one ... please help

September 4, 2019 at 4:44 pm #4513003

ignazF

I deleted one of the keya in WPML and now I have one site left: strategy-update.com ... but ... the key in WP is not the same as the key in WPML:
Key in WP: e,"site_key":"DLarK92vXy","xliff_newlines":2,...
Key in WPML: dsLjUKIWgC
the translation still seems to work ..
thanks for your help and let me know if you need more information
Ignaz

September 4, 2019 at 4:58 pm #4513047

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Please make sure your current site URL and registered site URL are same e.g. with www or without www.

Please follow below steps in order to register your site properly:
- Please backup your database and website
- Again register WPML in your site and enter the new key. To do this, please Login to your WPML account >> go to Sites page >> Remove your current site / domain from there >> and re-add your site >> it will give you New key which you can add back in your site: https://wpml.org/account/sites/

Here is doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

September 4, 2019 at 5:06 pm #4513091

ignazF

will the translations not be lost if I remove a key and add a new one i.e. if I deregister and register new key.
I will try and let you know
thanks

September 4, 2019 at 5:29 pm #4513161

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Your translations will not be lost, but you can take a full site backup as a good practice before doing any changes.

Thank you