No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
October 5, 2018 at 11:51 am #2790602

Abigael Neckermann

I am translating a website from German to English

There are 4 elements I am struggling to translate:
E1: 'inkl. Ust. on the price to incl. VAT
E3: I want to change ''menge'' to ''amount''
E2: cookies banner translation- where can I translate pop ups like this? (PS: It is present on every page of the website)
E4: can't translate this sidebar 'Angeschaute Produkte' to "Viewed Products"

Thank you for helping me out as much as possible.

October 5, 2018 at 2:05 pm #2791065

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello Abigael,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

Provided that you have the "WPML String Translation" AddOn installed please follow these steps:
- Go under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization".
- Make sure that "Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files)" is active.
- Scroll down to "Strings in the theme" and click on "Scan the theme for strings".
- Scroll down to "Strings in the plugins", select the plugin you want to scan and click on "Scan the selected plugins for strings".
- Once you followed the above steps go under "WPML -> String Translation". All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

Do you see them? If yes, all you need to do is click on "translations" next to each string you want to translate and enter + save your translations.

Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Best regards,
Andrés