Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
December 14, 2018 at 8:15 pm #3003011

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. As regarding your questions:

1 - The code won't affect the slider buttons, for that you should try the follow:

1.1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Pages click to edit your default language page where you have your slider button.

1.2 - Click the language switcher at the WordPress admin bar and change for your secondary language, russian in your case.

1.3 - Now edit the slider block and update the button urls to target your translated page version.

1.4 - Save it and you should be done.

2 - You don't need to adjust this code per section or any other configuration. This snippet will affect all your images link site wide.

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

December 14, 2018 at 8:18 pm #3003027

karenK-9

Thank for answering so fast. I appreciate your time.
Regarding your suggestions I translated that page with + icon option (translator editor) and when I click on it a new windows comes up with side to side translations there is no way I can change the button link there.
Hope that helps

December 14, 2018 at 9:24 pm #3003120

karenK-9

I just noticed that on the test website that you were working the button in the slider is pointing to the right page, however, when I add the same snippet in my production site images worked but not the buttons in the sliders.

December 17, 2018 at 2:43 pm #3008791

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and sorry for the bit of waiting due the weekend. Regarding your questions:

1 - You would need to click to edit the default language first and then switch to your translated language using the flag icon at the top admin bar, now you should be able to edit the slider page builder block for your translated page using the default WordPress page/post editor. Just, update the slider button urls with the transalted urls and you should be done.

2 - The buttons in the slider are not affected by the snippet of code I provided for you. Instead I manually edited them in the translated page (exactly as I described in my previous reply) to link to the right pages, this was the only method I found working for your particular case.

Please, let me know if you need any further clarifications, have a nice day.

December 20, 2018 at 4:58 am #3018953

karenK-9

Thank you!

1) You mean I have to translate the page manually (independently) ?

3) What if next time Divi will resolve those issues. Do I have to keep that snippet that update all links?

thanks

December 20, 2018 at 4:45 pm #3021676

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Regarding your questions:

1 - Yes, a manual edit is required, You would only need to edit the pages where you have elements that's not automatically translated yet, such as the translated page where you have the slider buttons.

2 - Actually these issues come from the global wpml-config.xml file which is being used to make these page builders elements urls to be translated automatically. It is always being improved and to keep the snippet of code I provided before won't have any negative impact in your website.

Please, let me know if you still need any other clarifications. Have a nice day.

December 27, 2018 at 12:13 am #3035359

karenK-9

Thank you!

2. WIll this bug be resolve in the upcoming version? As far as I can see this issue is on your side. The Divi support team confirmed the same

December 27, 2018 at 2:47 pm #3037301

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, my name is Alejandro.

Since Marcos currently has a few days off, I will replace him here in the forum.
I hope this is OK with you.

To answer your question, we are working on getting links from buttons translated but i wouldn't know if it's going to be released on the next (minor) version because we don't have an ETA on it yet, but it's definitely something we're working on.

Regards,

Alejandro.